Following Leads

The detectives have followed their lead to one particularly shady dealership in the outskirts of Creekville

The detectives have followed their lead to one particularly shady dealership in the outskirts of Creekville. There are barely thirty vehicles in the compound which is good because as soon as they get there, they identify the car they are in pursuit of. Inside the shop, an old man by the counter is leaning against the wall behind him, asleep. Mark clears his throat to announce their presence, and it works as the man literally jumps, consequently banging his head on the very wall he’s been leaning on.
‘Sorry.” Xavier apologizes, trying very hard not to burst into laughter.
“Sleeping on the job?” Mark asks, flashing his badge for identification.
“There aren’t very many clients today.” He responds. “How may I help you?” he asks as the disorientation decreases.
“We are looking for someone and you might be able to assist us.” Xavier responds. The old man maintains eye contact, quietly asking for more information.
“Someone rented this car on fourth of August.” Xavier explains, holding his phone in his face. He can see the old man acknowledging the image.  “I saw you have CCTV on the rear side of the building. We would like to go through the footage”