Witnesses?

Jean' sister is distraught

Jean' sister is distraught. She has not stopped crying since Xavier and Mark walked into her home. Xavier eyes Mark impatiently,  and Mark  refuses to acknowledge the displeasure. It is almost half an hour later when she quiets down.
"We are really sorry to have to put you through this. But anything you know might help us catch whoever did this." Xavier says empathetically, trying to be as patient with her as possible.  She nods in response, blowing into a paper towel.
"I understand." She says almost inaudibly.
"Did Jean mention anyone who might have wanted to harm her? Anyone at all?" Asks Xavier.
"No." She responds, slightly shaking her head and continues; "She was the sweetest soul. Who would kill a person like that?"
"That's what we are trying to find out." Mark interjects. "You said she called you when she got home?" He asks.
"Yes." She answers thoughtfully. "She said she was getting into the shower and in bed right after. That's why I was concerned when she did not pick up the following morning."
"You speak often?" Xavier asks.
"Everyday."
"And she did not mention anything worrying her, like a stalker,  unresolved conflicts...? " He asks further.
"I would have told you by now don't you think?" She asks, upset.
Xavier looks away for a moment before tracing his way back to her. He stretches out his arm to share his card.
"Please call me if you remember anything that might be of help."
As they walk out of the house, the two detectives know they still on the drawing board.
"Penny for your thoughts? Mark asks Xavier. Before he can respond,  his phone rings. He takes it out of his blazer pocket and stares at the screen for a while, rolls his eyes, and slides to answer.
"I need something.  Otherwise my unbearable boss will fire me." May says in a bored tone. Xavier can hear her chewing something.
"Are you eating?" He asks angrily. He is not angry she is chewing, rather that she is a reporter,  and she is constantly pestering him for information which sometimes, like now, he doesn't have.
"Yes, lunch.  Sorry I am on a tighy schedule.  So...what do you have for me?"
"Nothing yet. Can't you wait until tomorrow morning?"
"Didn't you hear me saying I could get fired?"
"Release it." Xavier says conclusively and hangs up before she can say "perfect."

Vote_comment🤩🙏