~Lex~

Lex uses his foot to shut the door behind him. He is beyond bothered. What’s worse is that Lex is angry at himself for being angry at May. She has a man in her office, and while in all honesty that should not be a problem, he feels betrayed. He laughs out loud as he slides back on his chair.  Lately he has been feeling this need to get closer to her. It has not been easy because for one, May has set these boundaries, which he knows he played a part in and now it feels like she is afraid of him. How can they get closer if she freezes whenever he speaks? And why should they get closer if she is dating someone else? So is he.
Lex tries to focus on a report on his desk but his mind is stuck in that small office, and the man in it. He seemed very alluring, almost like him. This means she could easily get swayed and he would have no way to get her back if she went down that path. He gets on his feet and heads for the door. He wants to pass through the corridors, see if he is still there. It’s very childish of him, but he does not care. But he doesn’t make it outside his office, as Elis makes an entrance conveniently at that same time.
“Hey baby,” she greets him as she stretches her arms. Hesitant and disappointed, Lex walks into her embrace. From behind her head, his eyes are shut tight, and his mind is racing.
“Heeey. You are here.” He responds when they let go off each other. “And you did not call or text. Is anything wrong? Is the baby okay?” he asks further, walking back to his desk. He sits on it as Elis squares her back on the couch.
“We just missed you.” She responds, rubbing her lower abdomen. Lex’s eyes follow the motions of her hand, as he does that it dawns on him that maybe he has been barking up the wrong tree. There is no room in his life, or mind for another woman, let alone May. She deserves someone that will make her the a priority, something he cannot do.
“It’s okay, you can touch.” Elis says, referring to her tummy, and subsequently jolting Lex back to reality.