Shattered Hearts 💔

MayI

May
I

know I have absolutely no right, but I am mad as hell right now. He has a whole girlfriend! My subconscious reprimands and honestly, I don't even care. She too should have warned me. I am peeping through the door shamelessly when she walks towards the elevator. She is gorgeous,  definitely someone Lex would go out with. I dreamed too big. I think to myself,  almost completely angry. I have crossed boundaries I often don't and for what? And it's not like I have done anything about my gradually developing feelings; but hey! I have practically pictured us together. 
"May?" I hear him calling; he startles the living shit out of me, I literally jump, consequently hitting my head against the door. Fuck! I curse silently.
"What's so interesting?" He asks and for a second i see that hint of amusement again. Does he really enjoy my embarrassment this much?  Well he could never see me like he does Elis with this kind of behavior.
"Sir?"
"I want my report by end of business today. And please get yourself together."
That last statement makes me want to gorge my eyes out but oh well, this is what I get.
"Sorry, sir." I respond and hopes that he takes note of the emphasis.
I drop my head into my palms and can't help the deep sigh. This town is growing on me, and not in the right ways. I find my phone and call Xavier. I have additional stress to deal with.
"Do you have anything for me?" I ask straight up.
"You do know I am not your employee right? " he responds. I roll my eyes.
"Xavier..."
"Bad day? There have been plenty of those going around." He says and gives me a minute to respond.  I am in a mood. "There was nothing at the airport as we hopped. There was over a thousand people around the same time as Jean, and the taxi driver is clear. The person we are dealing with is being extremely careful." He narrates.
"I have an idea. Could I help you with the footage?" I offer, crossing my fingers. I need something to take the recent events out of my mind.
"We already did that May."
"A second opinion never hurt anyone." I counter and when he hesitates for a minute, I know i have won.

Hey guys...the process has been slower than planned.  I'll up my game. Also please rem to vote...❤😘