Creekville: Murder Comes to Town

Creekville has always been a quiet town

Creekville has always been a quiet town. Nothing much has happened in a very long time.  Xavier and Mark were becoming accustomed to minor offences. Until this past week, the town has been engulfed by a dark scary cloud of darkness. Women and girls are afraid to walk the streets when night falls. People speak in hushed tones as they speculate who might be going around Creekville slaughtering people. Inside Creekville Police Department Headquarters,  Xavier stares at the evidence board, a troubling puzzle in front of him. It's Thursday; the first victim was killed on Saturday the previous week. The body was discovered by the victim's gardener. 24 year old Kylie Mayor was found murdered in her bedroom. The last anyone saw her, Kylie was leaving her sister's house, where she had been visiting all weekend. There was no indication of forced entry into her house, and no witnesses. Mark and Xavier were the first to arrive at the scene. The young woman was laid face down on the bed naked, arms tied behind her with a cable tie. She had nasty bruises on her laps, ligature marks around her neck and three stab wounds; through the head, the heart, and the abdomen. The cuts were precise, and the scene sparkling clean. The killer had taken time to clean up both the body and the crime scene. He also left a photo of the victim's body in the same position as was, on her back, next to a small yellow sticky note with the words, "Catch me if you can."  It was a dare, and this made the case even more complicated,  and the  killer more dangerous.  It was as if he was threatening to kill again if they did not catch him. And he did; a second body was discovered  on Tuesday, in a her one bedroom apartment. The victim was 25 year old Julia Maddison. CCTV footage from the apartment placed Julia at home around 7:30. However,  there was no footage that could possibly help identify the killer. Every recording past 8:00 pm was deleted.
There are two pieces of the puzzle that don't fit together. One, if the murders are connected, why would the killer break his pattern after only two murders? Not unless there was something specific connecting the three victims and he is done, which brings us to the second piece, if the first two are not connected to the third, why has he not killed again?

Thank you for reading thus far 🙏 ❤️.  3 more chapters coming up tomorrow. 
Remember to vote, comment, share😉.