Report

May's office

May's office

Back at the station, Xavier and Mark are having a hard time piecing everything together. They have conducted extensive tests on every possible piece of evidence, including the notes and nothing. Xavier believes that finding out what led the killer to sway from his path that one time may be detrimental in solving the case. There is only one problem, they are short of witnesses. Mark suggests that they scout the neighborhood again, and ask more people a few questions. After lunch, the two detectives head off, hopeful.
Meanwhile…May’s POV
I am excited, relieved even as I type the words “Police Link the Third Murder to the First Two: Open Investigation into a Possible Serial Killer” A few minutes ago, I received a call from Xavier, clarifying that they had indeed linked the murders. Honestly, I am as frightened as I am excited for this hunt. I was nearly giving up on this job, especially because of my snob of a boss. But now, given the turn of events, I might as well stay and write! I am excited to present the report to Lex, but my heart immediately falls when I am welcomed by an empty office. I retrace my steps, still holding on to the report. At least the assistant is in.
“Where is he?” I ask her, as if I have a right to that information, while pointing to his office with the papers.
“Meeting” she barely responds and I could swear I hate her. She has this attitude that makes me want to pull out my heel and bludgeon her to death with the sharp pointy end. But oh well. I realize I am still standing there when she raises her eyebrows, as if to ask whether there is something else I need. I roll my eyes and walk away. I have a very terrible habit of embarrassing myself. After I drop the report on his desk, I head off to join Xavier and Mark. Maybe today we will crack this case wide open. Come to think of it, I could make a great detective! I think with a smile on my face as I get into the lift.

Quick question,  would you rather know the killer before the cops or as they find out?🤔
In the comments😉...