Part 8

"Mira, you look incredible!" He said as I enter his Benz.

"Thanks, so do you!" I said blushing. I have been wanting to compliment him on his great style.

"This should be really fun! I can't wait to teach you how to skate!" He said, excitedly, taping his steering wheels.

"You are excited.... I am dead scared. I am going to trip and fall and embarrass myself." I speak honestly.

"Everybody trips and fall. It is part of the learning process. Nothing embarrassing, Mira."

"I guess so....You didn't come to class. How was your meeting?" I asked him.

"It went amazing! Thanks for the luck. I will need some more for games and later. They want us do the camp every weekend there for a whole month!" He said, with even more passion than this morning.

"That's great Mason!"

"The meeting lasted 20 minutes and we spent the rest of the time seeing the school and what they offer to athletes. It is truly a great university." We spend the rest of the drive talking about what the program offered the kids. I am impress by how much passion he has for hockey and teaching those kids how to skate and become better hockey players.

"You should come to one of our camp when we get started."

"I will try to. Are we close? We have been driving for 30 minutes and I am starting to get curious about the location."

"Yes, just around the corner." He turn into a small road and drives down about 5 minutes and we pulled up to a small skating rink building. The outside did not have too much going for it, but the inside was beautiful. It was set up like a normal rink, but it was light up with white lights everywhere, the ice sparked like it was newly cleaned and placed with mini stars and it played slow soft quite music in the background. The arena can hold maybe 60-80 people.

My eyes light up to how pretty it is. How intimate it is.

"Mason this is beautiful spot! I gasped

"I am glad you like it. It is my favorite place to go skating and think. He said as he sits me down to try on skates. What size are you?

"Size 9." I said surprise at how prepared he was. How did you ever find it?" He is now putting the skates on.

"My dad friend owns it. It had been here for years. I learnt how to skate here; a picture of me when I was five is up on the wall by some of the trophies. Is that tight enough? I want you safe and secure and the skate is the first step. He asked pulling on the skates lace.

"Mason, it is tight enough. I would love to see that picture when we are leaving." He checks the tightness of my other skate and then put his on.

"I won't forget to show you. Are you ready to go on the ice?" He asked standing up and reaching for my hands.

I shake my head frantically. "No, no. I am going to die."

"Mira, you won't die. I won't let that happen. Come on, hold my hands." I look at him and at his hands and I grab it, standing up.

We walk about 4 feet to the ice itslef and as soon as I step on it, down I go. I fell flat on my ass and started laughing hysterical and Mason joins in.

"Mira, are you ok? I didn't think you would go down that fast." He said reaching for my hands and pulling me up.

"I told you I have two left legs!"

He uses one hand to hold my waist and the other to hold my hands, leading me to the side railing.

"Ok, grab on to the side Mira." He said holding me tightly, before switching to holding just my hands in front of me and I miss his hands on my waist.