47 - The Promise

We are seated in his car, two houses down from mine. He stops me here everytime he drops me off. "Can I take you away? Just a quick overnight trip." Mason ask from the driver seat. I look at him hesitantly. An over night trip means lying to my parents about where I would be. They could say no as well but I would love to spend the day and night with him. We need a moment away from our crazy life.

"Where would we go?" I ask.

"Canmore. Our cottage out there. Just for a night. Nothing more." He smile. "I want to take you out there for a night. Just us." The idea sounds nice and I quickly agree with him. I will do my best to convince my mom about sleeping over at kim house.

I walk into the house as a feeling of depression wash over me. My mother is sitting on the couch, her and crossed as she watch the night news.

"Amira. Where have you been?"

"I was feeling a little bit like myself today so I went to school and then I spent some time with kim. I am sorry I haven't been in contact. She looks at me well.

"Okay. I am glad you are feeling more like yourself. It's no problem that you were out with kim." She smile proudly looking in my eyes. If only she can see the damage she is causing. I love her to death but she and my dad are killing me and I would do anything to be away from them and away from my reality. I use this opportunity to ask her about tomorrow.

"Can I spend the day with kim and Jenny tomorrow then a sleepover?" She thinks about it before nodding.

"No problem. Enjoy yourself. I just want you to be happy." I roll my eyes mentally. Then let me pick who I love.
I head upstairs and quickly call Mase and tell him I can go. He is so excited to have the day. We finish our conversation and I head to bed.

Today is one of the coldest days, the wind so cold and crisp that I almost turned around when I open the door. I am bundled up tightly which makes running to mason car a little difficult but I take big strides. I open his car to warmth before basically rolling until my seat and throwing my bag to the back. My love.

"Hey babe!" He kiss my lips and warmth enter from his soft pink lip and down my veins. I smile into the kiss filled with absolute bliss. This, him is my happy place. This is why I will not be taking anything from this past horrible month with me on our day trip.

"Hi!"

"Cold one eh."

"So cold. I almost went back under the covers." I laugh. "No outdoors activities for me."

"Yah you are definately terrible out in the cold." He place another kiss on my lips and we start heading to canmore. I peacefully fall asleep minutes into the drive.

*Mason POV*

I decide to drive us to my family cabin in Canmore. We will stay there the night. Our cabin is one of my favorite spot in the whole world. We drive for about three hours. Mira had fallen asleep as soon as I started driving. I would always give her side glances to make sure she is okay. She has me wrapped around her finger and there is nothing that would make me let go. I pull up into our off road trail that leads to the cabin. The cabin is right in front of a paranomic view of the mountains and I mean it's a million dollar view. I spent many summer and winter here with my parents as well as Bradely and Olivia when our parents were away for jobs. We would go skiing, snow boarding, fishing, rafting, and tubing. We never quite enjoyed fishing even though we went multiple times over the summer. Bradley and I would just Stand knee deep in the river out in the middle of nowhwere in our gear and talk and laugh, probably why we didn't catch anything but, we both loved every moment.

I shut off the car and turn to Mira side. I open the door slowly and when the cold air hit her she awakens.

"Heyy.." She smiled "Canmore?" She yawned, stretching her hands over my shoulders.