43

"Mason." I wishper into the phone if I talk any louder he will hear the pain in my voice and come running but I don't want that. I don't want to concern him or him see me like this.

"Mira." He sighs. His voice sounds strained. "Babe are you back?"

"Yes. Just got home in bed now. I wanted to call to let you know." I pull my blanket over my head and sink more into my bed.

"What happen you never called? I was so worried." I clear my voice that is choking up with tears.

"I lost my phone and then I found it on new years day.. I tried calling but you didn't pick up."

"Shit, I broke it that day."

"What happened?" I ask him.

"Nothing.. Nothing, it fell that's all. Got a new one now. Could I come get you." The tears spill down my eyes.

"Uhmm I can't today. It's already nine and my mom won't let me."

"I miss you." He wishper and I break, regretfully. I sob into the phone.

"I miss you too." I cried. "I have to go, bye." I hang up the phone and use my hands to muffle my sobs as I cry into the pillow. My heart hurts more than words can describe and I feel it in every fiber that's me. My phone start buzzing on my chest and I know it's him but I can't pick it up. I don't want to break his heart, I don't want to explain to him what happened. How I disrespected our relationship and basically feed unto CJ fantasy of us together. It goes off again and I turn it off.

***
My phone buzz on my chest and I read the text. "Amira, Are you okay?"

This morning I had two voicemail from him and I listen to them. He was so confused about why I stayed crying and hung up.

"Yes." I text him back quickly. I am not going back to school today. I don't even want to leave my bed. My phone start ringing again and I pick it up.

"Amira what the fuck I was worried."

"I know I am sorry. My mother was at the door."

"Bullshit, why were you crying?" He sounded angry.

"I just miss you that's all. Stop cursing at me, what's going on?"

"Sorry." He huff. "I am fine. I will come pick you for school."

"No actually. I am jetlag and want to stay in bed. Tomorrow."

"Babe I need to see you please."

"Tomorrow." I plead. "I can't leave today. If I can't make it to school I can't make it anywhere."

"Is been two weeks." He huff and I nod my head before telling him "I know but one more day wouldn't hurt." Since he can't see me. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I hang up the phone and continue to lay in bed. After hours of just laying in bed I stand up and look at my rfeflection in the mirror. My stomach looks slighty blotted and my face puffy. I start a little workout routine, squatting, sit up, burpees, jumping Jacks to get my heart going and start losing the less than five pounds I gained. I unpack my clothes, take a shower and grab an apple to eat. I have lost my appetite since I heard the news. By staying in my room I avoid my mother plus the other kids are home and keeping her busy.

"Amira CJ is here to see you." Will voice yells from the other side of my door. What is he doing here? I don't want to see him. I open the door and look at will.

"So, I don't want to see him."

"Mom said I should tell you. She said CJ is in the basement waiting." Why are these men trying to ruin my life?