S1 ‹Bite: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission, Part 3›

›–––––––‹

›–––––––‹

They all stare Levi confusedly as he brings out his flare gun and shoots out a loud, ear piercing noise, causing everyone to cover their ears as they each hold their blades. But it didn't seem to work on the Female Titan, as she continued to move forward.

[Eren]: A noise grenade?..-Eren shouts, as he had both his hands on his ears. Levi looks at the group over his shoulder-

[Levi]: What is your job? To just let yourself be swayed by whatever you're feeling at the moment? No, it's not. Our squad's job is to keep the brat from getting a single scratch on him..-He looks turns back- Even if it costs our lives..

[Eren]: It wasn't to keep watch on us..

[Levi]: We keep going on our horses, got it?..

[Petra]: Yes, sir!..

[Eren]: Keep going? For how long? And it's right on top of us...-He gasps once seeing soldiers trying to stop her once again- Again! The reinforcements! If we don't help, they'll be wiped out again!.. 

[Gunther]: Eren, eyes on the road!..-Gunther shouts, making him turn to him like he was insane-

[Eld]: Keep your pace up... Stay at top speed!..

[Eren]: But, sir...Why?! If Squad Levi doesn't defeat it, who will?..-Eren then hears the sound of a soldier's last scream as he shouts to everyone again- Another one's dead... And maybe we could've saved him! One's still fighting... We could still make it!..

[Petra]: Eren, eyes back on the road! Keep going!..-She yells at him, looking at him as he turns to her, frowning- 

[Eren]: Are you telling me to look away? To abandon my comrades and run?!..

[Petra]: Yes, that's right! Obey Levi's orders!..

[Y/n]: I don't understand why we're leaving them to die! Or why he won't explain! Why?!..-She screams. Oluo looks at her and yells-

[Oluo]: That's because the Captain decided the reason should not be explained. You just don't understand because you're still green! If you get it, then shut up and obey!..

[Eren]: No...-He places his blades back and raises his hand to his face- I can fight alongside (Y/n).. Why do we have to trust them? We can both fight..

When he (Y/n) looks at him, she saw how he brings his hand to his mouth to bite it. She looks at her hand, also thinking about transforming to fight the Female Titan.

[Petra]: What are you doing, Eren?..-He looks at her, his hand near her mouth as Petra looks at him, frowning- You're only allowed to do that if your life is in danger..You promised us!..-He just gives her a quick look before adjusting his hand- Eren!..

[Levi]: You aren't wrong...If you want to, do it. I can tell. He's a real monster. And it has nothing to do with his Titan power. No matter what power you use to suppress him, no matter what cage you put him in, he will never submit to anyone. Eren, the difference between your decision and ours is experience. But you don't have to rely on that. Choose. Believe in yourself or believe the Survey Corps and me. I don't know... I never have. I can believe in my own abilities or the choice of companions I trust. But no one ever knows how it will turn out. So choose for yourself whichever decision you'll regret least...