S3 »Hero

›–––––––‹

›–––––––‹

With the big hole now pummeled into Erwin's side, the commander's eyes roll to the back of his head as he and his horse fall to the ground. The soldiers all stare at the commander with wide eyes and fear. Louis gasped with fear, seeing Erwin's body.

[Floch]: The commander!..-Floch shrieked-

[Louis]: Don't look back!..-Louis jerks his head over to him- Charge!..-As said, the soldiers continue to charge on, shouting still as the Beast Titan narrows his eyes at the soldiers-

[Zeke]: How pitiful...-He mutters- To never learn from the mistakes of history... It's a tragedy how King Reiss stole their memories of the world. That's why they're repeating the same mistakes. In the end, they'll send every last person in the walls, down to the children and elderly, on a suicide charge..

The crushed up rocks in his right hand start breaking more with his hard squeeze.

[Zeke]: Saying if they're going to die, they may as well die proud. It's bullshit!...

The rocks soon turned to dust, making the Titan's eyes widen and look at his palm. The grey dust slowly falls from his hand.

[Zeke]: I crushed it into dust?..-He then chuckles- What's gotten into me? Why are you getting worked up?..-He reaches for a new boulder, splits it in two, and begins crushing- You're not like your father, right? You've gotta try to enjoy things..

He stands up and begins to reel his arm back.

[Zeke]: So let's turn them all into proud little chunks of meat!..

Seeing the sudden movement, Louis quickly holds his flare gun up and shouts to his comrades.

[Louis]: The second volley is coming! Fire!...

Like said, they fire the green flare over at the Beast Titan. Time suddenly slowed down for Marlowe as he felt himself breathing heavily.

[Marlowe]: It's coming...-His face drains of color when he sees the arm about to launch the rocks- Is this how I die? I wonder what Hitch is doing...-He imagines to girl asleep, hair messy, and drool dripping down her mouth- Wait, I bet she's still in bed...-He forms a smile with tears edging his eyes- Sounds nice... I don't get it... Why am I, at a time like this...?..

As the rocks came pummeling at the group, Marlowe's final thoughts were of Hitch before he was struck in the face. The soldiers who had fallen victim had let out screams as the horses and themselves flew in the air from the impact.

[Louis]: Is this how I die?...-He thought while the tears were in his eyes- I'm sorry...

~~~~~🕊🕊~~~~~