S3 »The Town Where Everything Began

›–––––––‹

›–––––––‹

Wall Maria contained one-third of humanity's remaining territory. Five years ago, when humanity lost this territory, from within the remaining two walls, they realized: "That we... are not meant to continue living." After all, humanity cannot defeat the Titans. 

However, one young man gripped the small blade held in his heart, and thrust it into a Titan, pounding its massive head into the ground. When humanity saw this, what did they think? Some were proud. Some held hope. Some cried out in anger. Then, if Wall Maria was retaken, what would humanity cry out? Would they finally start believing that humanity deserves to live? That our own fate is something we can decide? Will it be enough for them to believe?

If only Wall Maria was retaken...

›–––––––‹

The Scouts were nearing close to Wall Maria. It was night time as the soldiers had dismounted their horses, had their green hood cape on, and held a dim-lit lamp, not taking the risk of attracting any Titans nearby. One soldier, who was walking behind Levi, trips on something and drops his lamp as the horse let out a loud neigh.

The soldiers stop walking at the sudden abruptness as Levi glances over his shoulder and stated. 

[Levi]: Hey! You've gotta light up the ground!..

The soldier sends a nervous look at the captain and looked away.

[Soldier]: S-Sorry..

In front of Levi was one of the officers as he looked at him and whispered.

[Levi]: We're not at the foot yet? It's almost dawn..-The officer pulls out a neatly folded piece of paper and shines the light on it, reading it-

[??]: Once we're over this mountain, Shiganshina's right there..

Not far from Levi, Eren and Mikasa were walking by each other as the brunet muttered.

[Eren]: Sorry, you're stuck with my horse..

[Mikasa]: You're supposed to be saving your energy like (Y/N)..-She dismisses it by speaking to him in her signature motherly tone-

[Eren]: Yeah, I know..

[Connie]: She's right. Rest up, Eren..-Connie, who was behind him, agrees, which makes Jean shoot a look over at the shaved-hair boy and hissed-

[Jean]: Don't say his name, idiot..

[Connie]: Oh, yeah, sorry..

[Jean]: Assume this place is swarming with enemies..-Jean then looks to his left, eyes widening as he screams- Titan on the left! Everyone halt! Light up the area!..

Like said, the soldiers all lift their lamps in the direction Jean's was to see a Titan leaned up against a small cliff and not even moving an inch.