S4 ‹The Door of Hope› Part 2

›–––––––‹

Bertolt had transformed into the Colossal Titan and peered down at everyone inside Shiganshina. His left-hand clutches onto the wall, eyes landing on four peculiar kids before he kicks down the wall as the debris flies and crashes everywhere.

Once his part was done, Bertolt pulls himself from the Titan's nape and begins to carefully but surely, climb himself down from his evaporating Titan. When he gets closer to the ground, it begins to shake, making him suddenly stop and look over behind him to see a shadow of a Titan emerging from the smoke.

But to his surprise, it was two Titans. One was the Smiling Titan and the other a Titan with black hair. His eyes narrow and he stays frozen in place until the two Titans walk past him and completely ignore him.

[Bertolt]: Huh?..-He watched the Titan walk off as eventually, more and more Titans started piling in the broken wall-

Eventually, Reiner had transformed into the Armored Titan and made his way through the district until finally seeing the inner gate. He gets in a stance, ready to charge straight into the wall while he started thinking to himself.

[Reiner]: I wanted to be a Warrior. I thought I could make my mom's wish come true and we'd live with my father. But... I had a father who didn't want any part of us..-He then begins charging toward the inner gate, the cannons firing bounce off of him with ease- My mom had a dream she knew would never come true. I should never have been chosen. I should have died today..

He thinks back on Marcel's apology and tearful look, making him grind his teeth inside the nape and furrow his brows.

[Reiner]: Why'd he apologize?..Why'd he save someone like me?..-He shakes the thought away as he gets near the gate- No! I'm not ready for this to end! I still don't understand anything!..

And so, he crashes the gate down with ease as the soldiers, cannons, and debris fly everywhere.

›–––––––‹

In a warehouse, Annie was resting against a pillow, her blond hair was down from her ponytail. Her eyes flutter and soon enough, she opens them and stares at the warehouse's roof. She gradually sits up, noticing Bertolt and Reiner sitting by her in silence, and asked them once they see her.

[Annie]: Where is this?..

[Bertolt]: Inside Wall Rose..-Bertolt answered as Annie looked around at the citizens-

She took notice of their injuries and balled up forms, heck, some of them have passed away from their wounds. Her eyes then land over at four kids, all of them huddle close, Three of the kids had pulled their knees against their chest while the other sat with his cross. One of the girls was weeping.

Annie's eyes linger on that girl's despaired face, mouth slightly parting.

[Reiner]: Annie... Bertolt...-Annie looks away when she feels Reiner put his arm around her shoulder and Bertolt's, bringing them close as Reiner closed his eyes and whispered- I'm sorry. Marcel... I'll be the Warrior I should've been..

And after two years since they broke down the walls, the three had joined Paradi s' military, being placed in the 104th Cadet Corps. Reiner was lined up with the rest of the cadets, eyes staring ahead until Commander Shadis made his appearance and loomed over him. He lowers his head to his level and shouts at the blond.

[Keith]: You! What the hell did you come here for?!..

[Reiner]:....-Reiner quickly salutes and states- To save humanity!...