S4 Part 2 ‹Memories of the Future

›–––––––‹

›–––––––‹

Inside the Shiganshina district, a baby raised his little arms curious, trying to touch the lights of the dawn that entered through the window of the house. From his mouth came out tender sounds, his green eyes flash.

He crawled down the floor but some hands lift him until he falls into the arms of a young man. The baby was Eren, he started crying when he was in Grisha's arms while Carla approached both.

[Eren]: These are ..- Eren and Zeke were in a corner of the house, watching the family scene -... dad's memories ..

[Zeke]: I Sure Looks Happy..-The Eren Baby was still crying, removing himself in the arms of Grisha, who tried to calm him. Then Grisha gives it to Carla- For someone who cast political family and friends into hell, that is ..

[Eren]: Why show me this?..

[Zeke]: So that you understand: How Grisha Jaeger brainwashed and planted the seeds of nationalism in you.. I'll show you as much as it takes...

Eren only stayed in silence, looking like his mother hugged him and stroked his head. Eren Baby calms down and hid his face in his mother's chest. Zeke pursed his eyebrows before walking and opening the door, turned to see Grisha for the last time.

[Zeke]: Must be nice, Grisha. Here, you Can live out a happy life without anyone to chastise you for forgetting your Ffirst family... Even if you forget about the son you already had..-Eren looks at him while Zeke walks towards the door- Let's go..

Eren followed Zeke, but stopped to see his family for the last time. He narrowed his eyes before going through the door, entering a new memory.

Both see young Eren chasing a butterfly, taking slight steps forward. He stretched his arms, walking towards his father. Grisha lifted him in his arms. Zeke turned to enter the next memory.

Now they were in front of a window, seeing Grisha with a person in a bed.

[Zeke]: Look, Eren. This is the true him. He used his job as a doctor to get close to those in power to hunt down the King and steal the Founding Titan...-Eren looks at him in complete silence- If he slipped up, his wife and son would suffer. But he continued nevertheless. Do you know why? 

[Eren]: Because he's an asshole who'd toss his family into a ditch to restore Eldia. I get it now. I was wrong... I never should've been born..-He turned to Zeke, who stared at him open-mouthed- I'm no longer brainwashed..

[Zeke]: We have all the time in the world. No need to rush. And if you are so hurried to return with your girlfriend, she will be fine..-Eren frowns, turned to see himself in the window reflection. His eyes open when he sees the figure of (Y/n) behind him, he quickly turns but he didn't see anyone- Eren, come on ..