Jim Hopper- Breakfast: Part 2 (a)

Jim fought against his closing eyes as he sat at the table, eagerly awaiting his breakfast.

"So what exciting, crime fighting things do you have going on today?" You asked as you flipped the sizzling bacon onto it's back and gently placed the fried egg onto the plate.

"Oh, nothing too much. It's Hawkins, I'm lucky to have anything exciting going on. I can't remember the last day I had something fun going on. Even if some of the teenagers just caused a little bit of trouble, I think it would really brighten my day up, I'm not talking beating up the elderly here but maybe a small trashcan fire, a little bit of graffiti. Anything that isn't sitting around the office all day drinking shitty coffee and watching the clock. Jim's eyes lit up as you lay the bacon on the plate and strolled over to the table. "Wow, thank you. Actually..." He said with a mouthful of pancake. "I am going to speak to Joyce about her missing son today."

"That's uh... fun? Right? A nice little road trip."

"A nice little five-minute road trip maybe... if it was up to me I wouldn't even go, massive waste of time the kid's going to be fine." He stood up, brushed the crumbs from his lap and sat the plate on the kitchen countertop.

"It might be boring but I'm glad I know that you should be safe, as long as there isn't a dumpster fire or some vandalism or whatever." Jim chuckled.

"Like I said, it's good ol' Hawkins, Indiana. I don't think there's much danger for anyone to get hurt, it has its upsides you know. Obviously, there's a lot less paperwork to deal with but sometimes I just want somebody to rob the bank at gunpoint or steal a car so we can have a high speed car chase or whatever."

"Jim!" You slapped his arm. "You shouldn't say that, one day it might come true and I don't want to see you zipping past at whatever speeds, leaning out the window shooting at the car in front. You should be careful what you wish for, you never know what might come true."

"Police Chief Jim Hopper saves the town from arms dealing drug cartels!" Jim stared off into the distance with a confident smile. "Looks like day dreaming is going to have to get me through the day."

~*~

Written by Aaron.