Jim Hopper- Buffet (a)

With a defeated sigh you dropped your backpack to the floor and stumbled through the door.

"Hopper I'm home." You dragged your feet across the carpet and made your way with burning feet towards the desperately awaited sofa.

"How did the meeting go?" Hopper asked as he turned the corner with a soft smile across his bearded face. "Don't bother responding, I know it didn't go well. I heard you pacing through the hallway at four o'clock this morning y/n, I told you to try and get some sleep." He reached over your back and held the back of your coat, so it slipped from your arms as you made your way forward. "But no, you didn't listen."

"I had to prepare Hopper, there was numbers and data and graphs and..."

"Y/n, I told you to start preparing for this as soon as you knew it was going to happen, but again you thought you were better than that." Hopper perched on the end of his armchair, you slumped down on the sofa and immediately felt the relief in your feet and back.

"Can you take my shoes off for me?" You kicked your feet up and plonked them onto Hopper's lap. "Pretty please?"

"No..." Hopper smirked.

"Come on, you've been here all day, all I asked you to do was cook dinner. I've been talking with those asshats all day, laughing at their stupid jokes... whoever decided that everything people above you said was funny was an idiot." Hopper sat his comforting hands and gently rubbed your shins.

"So, about that dinner, I didn't cook anything..."

"Hopper!" Your head sank down into the sofa cushion as your stomach rumbled intensely. "I'm so hungry I could eat an entire wedding buffet."

"Hold on, hold on. Let me explain before you bite my head off. We have a reservation at a buffet, it's just opened a week back, it looks great. They know we're on the way and I've called ahead, and I've gave them a list of your favourites and they're getting a plate ready for you for as soon as we get there. So get your fine ass in the car before your food gets cold and let's get you feeling good." You looked at Hopper and felt an immeasurable love, as strong as it had ever been. "Come on, stop looking at me like that and get in the car, I'm hungry too."

~*~

Written by Aaron.