Robin Buckley- The Only Lesbian (c)

When you needed to find your brother, you had always known where to go. A year ago, you would have been straight to the Wheeler's to pick him up from playing D&D with his friends, but now if you needed him, he was going to be with Steve Harrington. You had been in the same year as him at school and never really got along, and as Dustin tried to remind you that had had changed a lot recently, you still found it a little odd that your brother was now such good friends with him.

You headed to Scoops Ahoy to find him, knowing that was where Dustin had headed out to this morning. Since Steve had been hired there, you had avoided going to Scoops Ahoy and with Dustin being at camp, you didn't have reason to go but now that he was back, you didn't get a choice.

You walked up to the counter, not seeing Dustin or Steve but a pretty woman about your age, wearing a sailor's costume.

"What can I get you?" She asked.

Blood rushed to your cheeks as she spoke to you. She was vaguely familiar, probably having passed her at school at some point but having never gotten to know her or paid much attention.

"My brother is meant to be hanging out here, curly hair, a complete nerd," you explained, trying to keep your words straight and not make a fool of yourself in front of someone you found attractive.

"One of Steve's children," she said.

You nodded your head. "Yeah, he's like our unpaid babysitter for Dustin. I don't understand their friendship, but I somewhat trust him to keep my brother alive."

She gestured you to come around the counter into the back where Steve was sat, slacking from work but without sign of your brother.

"Where's Dustin?" You asked. "My mum wants him home for dinner after we've barely seen since you two have been up to whatever you're doing."

"He'll be back in a few minutes," Steve said.

You let out a sigh, not knowing what you were going to do whilst you waited for him to return. You looked around the room, noticing a whiteboard with the English alphabet lined up with what you guessed was Russian.

"So, this is where Dustin came to translate that recording?" You asked. "He mentioned it to me but supposedly I wasn't trustworthy enough to help him fight Russians."

The woman's eyes lit up. "It was really fun to translate the message, Steve and Dustin were quite useless at it, but I figured it out. I had never considered learning Russian before, but I might now."

"You did it?"

She nodded.

"Dustin's way of telling the story was very different, of course he missed out that someone else did it. Like when he didn't tell me that he'd kept a baby Demogorgon in our house and let it eat our cat."

Her eyes widened. "It ate your cat?"

You nodded your head. "He's very intelligent but he's a complete idiot. I honestly thought I'd be worrying about my brother dating or his schoolwork, not the fact he was fighting interdimensional beings and now the KGB."

She snorted as she laughed, instantly flushing red, embarrassed by the noise she made. Steve looked between the two of you, seeing the awkward laughter and pleasant smiles but nothing more being able to come from it between the two of you.

"Can I say something?" Steve asked.

"Can we stop you?" She retorted.

He rolled his eyes. "I know I promised not to say anything Robin, and I also promised Dustin not to tell either, but I think you should both know that you're batting for the same team."

Both of your expressions dropped. "What?"

He huffed, running a hand through his messed-up hair from the hat he had to wear at work. "You both like girls and it doesn't take a genius that you like each other but neither of you will take the risk in fear that the other is straight, so the least I can do is let you both know."

It felt as though your heart was going to explode out of your chest as you look over to Robin who looked equally as nervous.

"I honestly thought I was the only lesbian in Hawkins," you admitted.

"There's at least two of us," she awkwardly smiled.

You bit down on your lower lip, chewing at the skin. "Well... would you want to maybe go out on a date and get to know each other?"

She nodded her head. "I would love to."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.