Jim Hopper- Revolver (a)

"It's simple, if you want to come with me, and you want to help, you need to be able to shoot. I'm not saying you need to be the Lone Ranger but even I wouldn't fancy playing fisticuffs against one of those... what does Dustin call them?" Hopper looked under his eyes as he finished loading the final bullet into the cylinder of the revolver.

"Demodogs?" Hopper nodded with a disgruntled smile across his stably miserable face. "You've got to give it to them, its more creative than anything I could have ever come up with." Hopper scoffed as he gently sat the freshly loaded gun into one hand and a box half full of rounds into the other. "Oh I see, we're doing the whole you'll figure it out on your own thing now?" You moaned as Hopper shrugged deeply and plonked himself down onto a protruding tree root.

"Believe me alright, it's simple. If Nancy Wheeler can pick it up then believe me I think that you're going to be just fine. Just point the barrel at the can and gently squeeze the trigger." You exhaled deeply, extended your arm and lined the barrel up with the can. Your finger gently squeezed the smooth trigger and with a loud bang the can flew from the fence post and your arm recoiled back with great force. You squeezed again and again, a succession of bangs and a plume of smoke swirled from the end of the barrel as it now pointed to the sky and let out little more than a faint click as the hammer struck the nothingness. Hopper jumped from the root and put his hand over the barrel.

"Hey, HEY! Calm down Annie Oakley, alright. Shoot once, reset your shot and go again, you go that crazy on the trigger and you're more likely to hit me than anything else." He took the gun from your hands and pushed the cylinder out. "Alright, simple reload. You just push out the cylinder, six bullets go in..." he slowly sat one bullet into each hole of the cylinder. "You aren't going to go crazy on me again when I give you this are you?" With a jolt of the gun the cylinder fell back into it's place. Again he receded back to his place on the shaded root. "Just take your time alright, were in no rush. Except stopping Joyce's son from dying and preventing the entire population of the world from being eaten by demonic hell dogs."

"Demodogs..."

"Shut up and shoot the damn cans."

~*~

Written by Aaron.