Steve Harrington- Tomorrow (a)

With worried eyes and sunken shoulders Steve stared at the nailed baseball bat as he rolled it softly across his hands, the bloodied nails did little more than leave small indents in his palms.

"Everything is going to be alright, isn't it?" Steve managed to build the courage to bring his gaze to you as he fought the tears from welling in his eyes. "What happens if I don't make it back this time?" You brought your arms up and wrapped them gently around Steve's neck, he tossed the bat onto the bed and let his head fall into your chest.

"Don't worry Steve, everything is going to be okay and tomorrow night you'll be back here as if nothing ever happened, I promise." You felt his head steadily rock back and forth as you ran your fingers through his silky, fluffy hair. "It will, you've got the best team in the world to do this. Not what I would call the most conventional team, but between you, Eddie and Nancy, El and the rest of the kids and Hopper and Joyce there's no way anything is going to happen to you." He brought his hand up to yours and pulled it from the back of his head.

"Come on, just because I'm going to save the world doesn't mean you get to mess up my hair, alright?" Through tear-streaked cheeks Steve managed to let a small smile slip out and spread across his face. He let out a deep, shaky exhale and wrapped his hands tightly around the rubber grips of the bat. "I need to go, I wish I could stay for the night at least but... unfortunately the downfall of the world as we know it couldn't postpone, apparently all the Demogorgon's had the same time booked off from work, you know how it is." The corner of his lip curled into a smirk.

"Even in times like this you're still an asshole Steve, do you know that?" He nodded slowly. "I know that you don't want me staying the night with you guys, just in case something happens, but can I at least walk you down there?" Steve shrugged, although you knew he was desperate for every second you could have together before the sun rose.

"Sure, whatever. Just don't... cramp my style. I have a certain reputation I like to keep around these parts."

"Steve, we've been together for like four months now and believe me, I've done nothing but make you look better."

~*~
Written by Aaron.