Eddie Munson- Prom: Part 1 (c)

You were beyond frustrated. You had been thinking about prom since you were a child, and it wasn't going to plan. The dream had always been to have a date and with how the popular kids were making it seem like the most important thing, it stung that you didn't have a date. You didn't even particularly like many people at the school, but you wanted that one night where you could be seen as a princess.

Things had become too much recently, and you had had enough. You had to come to terms with the fact that if you wanted to go to prom in your gown, you were just going to have to go alone.

You had skipped your fourth period class to go be alone and escape the prom planning that was going around. You headed to the old picnic bench in the forest just off the main school grounds, knowing that only one other person went there regularly. You were sat alone with your head in your hands for a couple of minutes before you heard the rustle of leaves, letting you know someone was joining you.

Shooting your head up, you saw your best friend, Eddie. It didn't surprise you that he was bunking class, but you had hoped for once he'd go so you don't have to face your problems which weren't that important in the whole scheme of things.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned.

You shrugged your shoulders. "I guess I wanted to be alone."

Most people would take that as a sign to leave, to give you a chance to be on your own but he took it as a sign to take a seat and pry into your problems.

"Shouldn't you be in chemistry?" He asked.

"Well, my lab partner is skiving," you retorted gesturing to him.

He let out a chuckle before trying to have a serious expression. "So, what's got you down?"

You shook your head at him.

He cocked an eyebrow and asked you again.

"It's stupid," you sighed. "It doesn't matter."

Eddie reached across the table to hold your hand.

"Nothing that worries you or upsets you is stupid."

"Just this stupid prom," you frowned. "Everyone's got a date but me."

"I don't have a date," he shrugged.

You shot him and unimpressed look. "You aren't even going."

He gave your hand a reassuring squeeze. "What if I did go?"

You raised an eyebrow.

"I could be your date," he smiled. "As... erm... friends."

You couldn't help but smile at him.

"You'd want to be my date to prom?"

He nodded his head. "I'd love to be your date."

Little did you know how true that was, how desperate he had been to ask you but instead had pretended he didn't care at all so that he wouldn't have to go to see you with another guy. That was the main issue that you had in finding a date, the one guy you wanted to go with wasn't going but he seemed to have solved that problem for you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.