Robin Buckley- Kiss (c)

It was hard being a Wheeler. Your parents seemed to just co-exist in the home, but you couldn't remember them showing any sign of love or care for the other. They loved you and your siblings, but that didn't mean it was the happiest of households. Your older sister, Nancy, was perfect. She was smart and ambitious, gorgeous and well-loved, and she created a very large shadow for you to dwell in. If you had heard a comparison between the two of you once, you had heard it a thousand times, the one-year age difference, leaving the two of you constantly compared without you ever winning the competition. Your younger brother, Mike, didn't make things any easier. He was a handful at best, constantly up to something or just causing trouble for you. Your youngest sibling Holly was too young to be a problem yet, although you weren't the biggest fan of babysitting duty.

You did your best to get distracted from your family in your friendship with Robin. The two of you had met when you started high school, being in the year below him, but you got along instantly. Your friendship grew and grew until you both admitted that you liked one another, also admitting your sexualities to one another. You didn't want to rush things, still appreciative of your friendship, but you made the most of cuddling and having the line of friendship and relationship blurred.

The two of you were in your room, curled up on your bed together. You had been talking about band and what you needed to work on before the next day when you noticed her eyes glancing down to your lips. You had wanted to kiss her for so long and now seemed perfect. Falling silent, you could feel yourself leaning in towards her, Robin following suit until your lips barely touched each other's.

"Shit!" You heard a scream from the doorway.

You jumped back from Robin, scrambling to stay on the bed, noticing two of your siblings stood in the door, your older sister, thumping her fist against the chest of your younger brother.

"Get out!" You demanded, throwing a cushion towards the door.

If it had been a boy that you had been kissing, you probably would have reacted the same, but due to the taboo of being a lesbian, you felt far more nervous and scared from your siblings walking in on you.

"What's going on?" Nancy frowned, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I think they were kissing," Mike muttered, gaining another hit.

"I mean, are you two together?" Nancy questioned. "Are you like dating, or just hooking up?"

You could feel your face becoming very hot as you looked towards Robin out of the corner of your eye. This wasn't a question that you ever wanted to have to answer from your sister.

"I- I don't..." You mumbled, not wanting to completely mess up with the wrong answer.

"We're friends," Robin stated. "But we think we might be more than friends, but we haven't labelled it or really explored it much yet."

Nancy narrowed her eyes at the two of you, trying to see if Robin was lying. Although she never wanted to walk in on you kissing someone, rather preferring the idea that you'd have no romantic connection, she'd rather it be a happy relationship and at least if it was with a woman she didn't have to worry about pregnancy.

"You aren't going to tell mum, are you?" You whispered. "Please don't tell anyone."

"Don't worry," Nancy frowned. "Your secret is safe with us, isn't it Mike?"

Your brother went to argue but the glare that all three women in the room gave him, he learnt quickly that it was smart to just agree and never mention this moment to anyone else.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.