Eddie Munson- Library (c)

Being in college whilst your boyfriend was still stuck in high school wasn't easy. You had met when you were in high school together, him actually the year above you but when he was meant to graduate, he ended up being held back and then when graduation rolled around for the both of you, you were the only one to walk on the stage. School wasn't for Eddie but now having to handle the distance of your relationship, he was certain he'd be joining you in Indianapolis this fall. You had initially offered to defer your college admission for the year, but Eddie insisted that he wasn't going to be holding you back and the two of you would just commute to see one another at every chance you got.

For the most part it was him travelling to see you. You were willing to go back to Hawkins, but he was more than happy to get out of town for a night or a couple of days just to pretend he was finally free. Most of the time you spent weekends together or if you had a free day without classes, you'd head back to Hawkins but even seeing each other just at the weekends became hard. You tried to focus on your classes and pretend you didn't miss him, but it still sent a pang into your chest whenever you saw anything that reminded you of him.

It was a Thursday evening, and you didn't want to be just sat in your dorm listening to your roommate's radio, so headed to the library and begun to study for the practice exams that were coming up in a couple of weeks. You felt as though you were completely behind the rest of your class and these mocks would be the proof you needed to feel completely useless at your choice in degree. You had been sat in the back corner of the library, hidden from all the other students for a few hours, consumed by writing out notes from textbooks and reading the same passages over and over again.

You were so lost in the books stacked on your desk that you hadn't noticed someone walking through the stacks towards your workstation until they scooted the work out of the way so they could perch in front of you.

"Surprise," the man grinned like a mad man.

"Eddie?" You smiled, surprised to see him. "What are you doing here?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I wanted to surprise you. They're closing the school tomorrow, something to do with a gas leak or something, so I thought we could have a little longer of a weekend. I can hang out at your dorm or on campus whilst you go to class tomorrow."

You offered him a sweet smile. He was so incredibly sweet, and you couldn't wait until he could finally get out of Hawkins and let people finally see him for who he was.

"You're too sweet," you said softly. "Anyway, how the hell did you find me here?"

"I went by your dorm. Casey told me you'd be here; I still think that she hates me by the way."

You shook your head at him. "She doesn't hate you."

Eddie looked down at the books that he had pushed out of the way to sit down with you.

"You alright?" He asked. "You seemed completely lost in this shit."

"Just stressed is all. None of this makes sense anymore and I can't seem to think straight."

Eddie chuckled, hopping off the desk so that he could lean down to let his breath linger against the shell of your ear.

"I'm sure I can distract you," he said, a cocky grin in his voice as he leaned in to pepper soft kisses down behind your ear towards your neck.

You playfully hit at his arm that he was using to support himself on the desktop as he leant over you.

"Eddie!" You warned him. "We're in the library."

He pulled away for a moment. "It was a trek to find you because of how far away into the shelves you've sat. No one would find us."

As he leaned in, he let his hands wander to your hips, toying at the hem of your t-shirt to let his fingers move against your skin.

"Munson!" You snapped, swatting away his hands. "We're not fucking in the library."

Eddie raised his hands in defeat, a smug smile upon his lips. "Spoilsport."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.