Eddie Munson- Misunderstanding (c)

You had been in a relationship with Eddie since you were both seniors and were still happily together two years later with Eddie being a third time senior and you working a minimum wage job at a local diner. It wasn't where you thought you'd be in life, but you tried to make the most of the happiness you got in your relationship and tried not to think about how tight the finances were getting or how dead end your lives would end up if you stayed in Hawkins. You kept your mind set on what would happen when Eddie graduated and the two of you could move out of the small town and try to pursue the lives that you wanted.

Even if you were stuck helping your boyfriend revise for his third attempt at finals, he did everything he could to make you feel special and know how important you were to him. Eddie had insisted on having a consistent date night so that there was always at least one night that you could have just the two of you without anything else get in the way. For this week he suggested dinner and you were all for it.

Whilst he had been trying to actually pay attention to the importance of the conch in the Lord of the Flies, you had finished up your early shift at the diner and headed home to try and get rid of the smell of coffee and grease that seemed to be ingrained in your skin. You cleaned yourself up before grabbing a pair of Eddie's ratty old jogging bottoms and a stained band t-shirt, flopping yourself down on the sofa, waiting for him to turn up with pizza and a rented movie as you did for most of your date nights that involved dinner.

It wasn't long until the doorbell rang, and you hopped up excited for an easy and relaxed evening with the man you loved. You expected to see the mess of a metalhead with a stack of takeout boxes and VHS's but the man that stood there didn't look anything look like your normal boyfriend. His mop of curly brown hair was tied up in a slightly askew bun whilst he had swapped his patched vest for a suit and tie, looking nothing like the hyperactive nerd you knew.

"What are you wearing?" You asked.

"I should be asking you that," he chuckled. "I thought we were going to that fancy French place in the city."

"I thought you were bringing pizza."

Eddie raised an eyebrow at you. "I said we were having dinner."

"Exactly. When we normally have dinner, it's takeout on my sofa."

The two of you looked at each other in the dramatically different outfits, silently trying to figure out what was going to happen. Without exchanging a word, you both fell into laughter as Eddie wrapped his arms around you in a warm embrace.

"I'll be back in twenty with food," he grinned, pressing his lips to the top of your head.

"I can get changed if you want to go out," you offered. "I just thought we were having a normal quiet night."

"I wanted to do something special for you, but if you're happy with takeaway then I am happy."

Eddie ripped the tie from around his neck and untucked his shirt before rushing back into his van, offering you one last wave he headed off to grab your dinner.

~*~
Written by Charlotte.