Jim Hopper- Winter (a)

Jim squeezed through the door, his layers of coats making him resemble a very large, tubby penguin. He walked through with a huddle of blankets tucked closely into his arms, with a huff he threw them onto the floor at your feet.

"I think this should do us until they manage to get the power back on." He waddled over to the window and peeled the curtain back just enough to see the swirling blizzard seemingly engulf the small cabin. "How long do you think it's going to be out for?" He asked with a concerned tone as he carefully fell onto his padded throne.

"I don't know but obviously it had to go out when you made us come all the way up here to check on this place during a damn blizzard." You grabbed one of the thick, aged looking blankets and draped it over your chilly body.

"Firstly, it wasn't technically a blizzard when we left, secondly you know that this place is important to me and look at it, it's hardly the latest in weather resistance technology." He pointed a mittened finger at the growing spot of damp that spread from one of the corners of the room. "But it's fine, we have a fire, enough wood to last, everything will be fine."

"And food Jim? Unless you're planning on strapping on your snow boots and hunting us a buck, last time I checked there was nothing here for us to eat."

"I've got... you know... there's some tins of beans in the cupboard." He smiled nervously. "Umm, beans... I think there's some tins of peas, you're good in the kitchen you can rustle something up with that?"

"Oh yeah." You snapped. "I'll rustle up y/n's famous pea and green bean soup. It's really easy, I just open up the tins and mix them together." Jim rolled his eyes. "But let me guess Jim, do you even have a can opener here?"

"Yes y/n, obviously I have a can opener. Would I be stupid enough to have cans if I didn't have a can opener?"

"No, not genius Chief of Police Hopper. But Jim." He looked over with annoyance in his eyes and a red nose that was beginning to run harshly. "Do you know where it is?" His face dropped and he stood up and began marching into the kitchen.

"Yes, obviously I know where it is." He spoke loudly in a failed attempt to mask the sound of fingers rustling through drawers. "I just don't know where it is right now."

~*~

Written by Aaron.