Steve Harrington- Mistletoe (c)

You had been friends with Robin since you were knee high and treated her like a sister. The only time you ever slightly questioned your friendship was when she started a friendship with Steve Harrington. Growing up as a quiet bank geek, you could have never imagined that your best friend would befriend someone like Steve but here you were at Steve Harrington's Christmas party, personally invited. You never thought you'd casually talk to him, even if very awkwardly, but the preteen version of you would be overjoyed that you could somewhat consider your biggest crush as a friend.

Robin had encouraged you to turn up to the party, being the number one cheerleader to you pursuing your crush. You were 100% certain that he would laugh in your face if you ever thought about telling him that you liked him, so instead you stuck to pining from afar. Other than a quick greeting when you arrived earlier in the evening, you had avoided him like the plague and wanted to hide away in some corner until you could drive Robin home.

"Can you get me a drink?" Robin asked.

You raised an eyebrow at her. "Why can't you get it?"

She clasped her hands together. "Please."

You let out a sigh before nodding your head.

"What do you want?"

"I think there's some beer in the fridge in the garage," she grinned.

You knew she didn't particularly like beer but if it meant you could avoid the music and waste some time in the garage away from everyone, you weren't going to argue. As soon as you took a step away from her, Robin sprinted off into the crowd. She could be terribly odd but even for her, that was weird. You made your way to the garage and found the dingy fridge that would hopefully hold the drink you needed for your friend.

Opening the fridge, you perused the contents to try and see what it contained. There wasn't a whole lot in there, mainly just bottles of alcohol, which was likely the main purpose of the fridge.

"Can you pass me a beer?" A voice from behind the fridge asked.

You recognised the voice way too well. You jumped up to stand properly, seeing Steve peer over the fridge door.

"What?" You squeaked, your brain instantly wiping any thoughts from your mind.

"A beer?"

You nodded your head far quicker than normal, grabbing two bottles.

"I didn't think you drunk?" He asked as you closed the door.

"I don't. Robin wanted one."

Steve cocked an eyebrow at you. "Robin asked me to get a beer for her."

Before either of you could question what was going on, a laugh from the door caught your attention. Robin was stood in the doorway, looking rather amused with herself.

"Look up," she grinned.

Both of you did as you were told, seeing a sprig of mistletoe hanging above you, roughly tied there.

"W-what?" You stuttered, your face instantly heating up.

Robin rolled her eyes. "Frankly, I'm sick of the two of you pining after each other and never admitting how you feel. You won't listen to me that the other likes you back, so maybe you'll accept it from the mouth of the other and finally kiss and leave me alone."

"What are you talking about?" You said quickly, defensive and embarrassed.

Robin didn't say anything more. You glanced towards Steve, expecting him to laugh at you or be offended by the suggestion he could like you, but a fond smile was curled upon his lips.

"You like me?" He asked.

"No!" You stated. "I mean... maybe... no... yes... I don't know... It's stupid really."

Steve shook his head, shrugging his shoulders. "Well, I've liked you since freshman year but then you started running out of the room when I entered, so I just assumed you hated me."

"I don't hate you, Steve."

The two of you fell into a moment of silence, just looking into each other's eyes and smiling, the culmination of your feelings finally coming together.

"Just kiss already," Robin snapped.

You couldn't help but laugh awkwardly, being too nervous to make the first move.

Steve moved to cup your cheek in his hand to steady you until he moved in to press his lips to yours, finally ending the years of nerves and panic in a sweet moment.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.