Eddie Munson- Winter Formal: Part 2 (c)

The drive to the school was filled with loud metal music you had become attuned to since dating Eddie, it reluctantly being turned off when you pulled up outside of the school. Eddie hopped out of the van and ran around to open the door for you, dramatically bowing as though he were your footman, releasing you from a carriage.

"Lady Y/N," he said, wildly gesturing his arms.

You rolled your eyes at him, exiting his van and putting your hand out towards him. "Sir, will you escort me to the ball?"

He raised a hand to his chest. "It would be my honour."

Eddie gutted out his elbow towards you so that you could link arms with him so that he could guide you into the gym. The gym was covered in decorations, snowflakes stuck across the walls and hanging from the ceiling, white and silver balloons scattered amongst the dancing students, the band on the stage surrounded by tinsel and a large balloon arch.

"Wow," you whispered, not expecting anyone to hear you but when you felt Eddie chuckle beside you, you knew he had heard your noise of wonderment.

"May I have this dance?" He grinned.

You nodded your head, excitedly following him to the swarm of your peers. You never imagined you'd see Eddie at a dance, let alone asking you to enter the mess of students to join them in dancing to the music.

"Thank you for doing this," you smiled up at him.

"I'd do anything for you," he assured you. "Even lose my dignity, like I am tonight."

You playfully jabbed his shoulder to tell him off for making the joke. He did look a little silly, especially for him but you appreciated every second of it.

"You've not completely lost your dignity yet."

He shot you an unimpressed look. "Y/N, I look like a waiter at the shittiest restaurant. And although I don't plan to do this again anytime soon, to make you smile, I am happy to do anything. It's not like anyone will think worse of me than they already do."

It did hurt to think that no matter what he did, his reputation couldn't be any worse but nevertheless, you needed to focus on the sweet moment that you could have together and hope that no one else at the dance could ruin it for you, like they did for most other things.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.