Robin Buckley- Band: Part 2 (c)

Over the last few months, you had gotten rather close with Robin. Even though you were from a different town to her you made the effort to go visit Hawkins often and you had invited her to watch you perform at a couple of shows. You got along well, often rambling with each other about films you both liked and talking about your plans for the future, both hoping to get out of your small hometowns to somewhere you can feel more like yourself.

Although you hadn't explicitly asked, you had an inkling that she was gay and hopefully she liked you as you were very much interested in her, but they were both questions that you didn't want to have to voice. You had enough self-confidence to believe that she could like you, but you didn't want to ruin the newly formed friendship you'd created.

You finally felt enough courage to try and test the water. You invited her over on a Saturday that she wasn't working with the plan to show her some new music you had been working on. Most of your band took their turns at song writing but you wanted to show Robin one of the songs you had recently written, with the main purpose of seeing if she was interested in women.

With Robin in your room, you handed her your songbook, letting her have a read over the new lyrics you'd worked on, with a partial aim of coming out to her. The words 'I'm a lesbian' weren't written on the page but it was very evident within the lyrics that you weren't interested in men. She looked over them a couple of times before hesitantly making eye contact with you.

"Are... are you gay?" She whispered.

You nodded your head, nervous to let her know, fearful that she'd scream and run away or start a witch hunt against the predatory lesbian. It felt as though the silence of the room was swallowing you whole, but she gave you a nervous smile.

"I-I've never met another lesbian before."

That was all the information you needed to grin like a mad man. You moved along the bed, closer to her until you were able to cup her cheek in your hand.

"Can I?" You whispered, glancing down to her lips.

Robin didn't say anything. She leaned in until her lips touched yours alleviating any nerves or uncertainty that either of you felt.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.