twenty two

jiwoo jumps out of his grandfather's lap and runs through the ringing telephone, it's already passed their bedtime but he can't seems to fell asleep because it's christmas and he is waiting for his father's call and greet them. it's their first time to celebrate christmas without jungkook but it don't really matter in their age, they just want to have gifts, and their grandparents are here anyway.

jiwoo took the telephone and put them into his ears "merry christmas, everyone!" his father's voice rang through his ears and it immediately puts a smile into his heart. "merry christmas papa! it's jiwoo!" 

 jungkook chuckled,"merry christmas baby, where's your brother?" jiwoo tip toed and took the whole telephone into his arms, his shirt lift up and he run into the kitchen where his brother was.

 "jewel, papa si calling!" he excitedly beams and jewel smiles, taking the phone in his hands and then greeted jungkook the same. it's like these every year, they greeted eachother a happy christmas and then they would receive gifts from jungkook and from their grandparents. "really?!! mr. kim is coming back?!" 

 - 

"papa!" yeji cried out loud, he awkwardly smiled at jungkook. well, it's already passed christmas eve, and today is december 25, the original christmas day and since they already celebrated earlier with their friends, it's time to finally rest today and maybe tomorrow is opening the gifts.

 jimin and hoseok already bid their goodbyes and then sungoo and janhae did too, saying they are going to get ice cream but we all know they are going on a date and jj with his twin aj immediately goes home afterwards, so he is only with jungkook, taehyung thinks he is staying the night but he don't want jungkook to be uncomfortable on the sofa, which is really awkward since the man did not speak after what he said earlier, it still rings in his mind. 

 "ji, you have to wait until tomorrow to open the gifts or else santa will never give you next time." he said with a very cold tone, it made yeji sighed in defeat and slumped her shoulders, she then walked up to tarhyung's arms, the man lift her up and she rested in her shoulders. taehyung looked at jungkook who is intently looking at them, it has something in his eyes but he can't figure it out. 

"i have get her to bed, can you wait for me mr jeon?" jungkook only nod and it's his cue to go to their small bathroom. yeji took off her shirt and taehyung started to wash her body with a warm bath, one of the most thankful thing he had in this small apartment was the warm and cold bath, he don't need to worry about yeji not having a warm bath in a cold weather like this. "papa, if i grow up i want to have a big house like barbie!" taehyung cleared his throat and smiled at yeji while rubbing her scented soap around her body.

 he is thankful for yeji, he is never been this contented in his life, he is so happy, not financially tho but it can work, he have friends and he can lean on them sometimes, that's more than enough. "i love you baby."

 -

 jungkook looked at taehyung, he was already on his sleep wear, he looked cute. "she's already in her room." taehyung took a few steps before sitting in their sofa, actually it's a little bit worn out, but for them it's enough to make it comfortable. "im sorry mr jeon i took long enough to shower." he smiled. 

 taehyung looked around as if memorizing his own house like he never been before, the atmosphere was so thick that they can't hear anything but the small snores from yeji's room and both small breathes, the caroling outside is quietly fading as people are just enjoying the cold weather. "mr jeon, if it's about what you said earlier, i hope you don't mind me rejectjng it."

 and it's like a fucking ice water showered into jungkook's soul. no one ever rejected his offer. 

"mr jeon, i-i don't love you." taehyung said to jungkook who was already blinking. jungkook pursed his lips and laugh so hard he cupped his stomach because it hurts. it's the first time taehyung heard mr jeon laugh at him, but he is not joking tho. 

"mr jeon?" jungkook sigh. 

 "i don't love you too mr kim, i said live with me because i want you to be my son's baby sitter again." jungkook was thinking about it for some time, taehyung was really poor as what he thinks, it's very very sad.

 "o-oh, i thought you want me-" taehyung's eyes widened and he immediately pressed his lips together while his eyes are still focus on jungkook's.

 they live in a small apartment, and he has a daughter who seems to love jungkook's presence so much because she keeps on clinging onto jungkook's legs earlier, and taehyung's under eye bags are so clear that even when he is from afar, you could already see it, it don't mind jungkook tho. taehyung is a piece of art.

 "taehyung, i will help you get out in this tight hole." taehyung looked at jungkook and gulped. 

"you can sleep here for the night mr jeon" that's all he could say and mumbled a small 

"i will get you some clothes" before running into his room.

he was way too embarrassed about what he said, how could he be so fucking stupid! ofcourse no one will ever love him, how embarrasing!!!