03 ☂ Only if...

Only if...

Eight carried a black umbrella as they all made their way outside to the Hargreeves mansion's garden to finish the funeral.

She moved in between Klaus and Five, running her fingers through her hair, and turned to face Luther, who was holding the urn.

Eight chuckled as he strewn their father's ashes around; he then turned to look at the laughing girl and remarked, "It'd have probably been better with a little wind."

But when Diego began an open discussion about their father being a monster and a lousy excuse for a dad, the tranquil "funeral" took a turn.

Eight couldn't help but agree; throughout her life, she had been working so hard to establish her value, but he had never seen it in her.

She recalled all the times he had made her run in circles in the hopes of creating a hurricane, or intentionally broken her bones to see how long it would take for them to heal. He had even locked her outside in the middle of a storm to try and redirect the lightning.

And he would shut Eight away from the others whenever she disobeyed or requested a break from the testing.

"We don't have time for this" Five exhaled, pulling on Eight's blazer to get her back inside the house.

"We?" the girl furrowed her brows. "Oh, I'm not helping you" she remarked, shoving his hand away from her blazer.

"Yes, you are!" the boy demanded.

"You said that you don't need me any longer." Eight shrugged. "Now, if that's okay. I'm leaving " She gave him a wink before turning around and leaving the academy.

The boy felt a fresh infusion of guilt. His stomach twisted in a knot of rage at the idea of having to handle everything alone.

His jaw and knuckles tightened as he gritted his teeth and stared at the vacant area where the girl had previously stood, in silence.

Number Five shook his head and went to look for coffee in the kitchen. Klaus was stoned out of his gourd as he sat at the table, haphazardly holding a guitar and gazing raptly at his fingers.

"Where's Vanya?" Allison enters.

"Oh, she left" Klaus says simply.

"That's unfortunate" Five said, knowing that she'd be the ideal person to discuss the end of the world with and that at the very least, she'd listen.

"An entire square block, 42 bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, but not a single drop of coffee." Five puts the empty container down on the table, his lips pressed into a thin line.

"Dad hated caffeine" Allison said, looking at the younger sibling.

"Well, he hated children too, and he had plenty of us" Klaus left a snarky remark, giggling to himself.

"I'm taking the car" Five said, readying himself to spital jump down to it.

"Where are you going?" Klaus sat up on his chair.

"To get a decent cup of coffee" Five answered his question, squinting his eyes as he looked over at his brother.

"Do you even know how to drive?" Allison scoffed.

"We know how to do everything" Five took a step closer to the woman, looking at her with a threatening look.

"Funny, you say we everytime we ask you something. Where is Eight by the way? And what happened to you two?" Klaus asked sarcastically.