12 ☂ Murder and drama

Murder and drama

The two ex-assassins exchanged intense looks as they considered how to frame their explanation for the entire circumstance.

"We don't know." Eight breathed out quietly. "Yet." Five added, throwing the coffee cup over his shoulder, not bothering about its landing. "But we do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now." he continued.

"How is he connected to what's going to happen?" Luther questioned.

"Guys, you make this so hard on us." Eight whined.

"We don't know." Five answered Number One's question, ignoring the girl beside him.

"Wait, so you just know his name?" Diego pushed forward. "That's it?"

"That's enough." The boy said.

"God, I hate you all with your stupid questions." Eight breathed out in annoyance, rubbing her temple, trying to get rid of the headache their family is causing her.

"There are dozens of Harold Jenkinses in the city." Number Two stated.

"Well, we better start looking then." The girl exhaled, clapping her hands together as she looked at her family.

"I'm sorry. Am I the only one that's skeptical here? I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?" Allison questioned the two.

Five shifted uncomfortably, glancing at his side before he answered, "Harold Jenkins."

"You know those lunatics in masks that attacked the house?" Eight popped the question, trying to explain the situation without making it confusing for their bird brains.

"Oh, yeah, I think I remember those guys." Klaus stated, rubbing the back of his neck as he slowly sat down on the sofa.

"Yeah, the ones that attacked us while you were getting drunk." Diego said sarcastically.

"Yeah, them." Five agreed. "They were sent by the Temps Commission to stop us from coming back and preventing the end of life on Earth." he added.

"The Temps what?" Allison questioned.

"I don't know how did you land such big roles in your life but can't remember a two word name of a freaking institution" Eight rolled her eyes.

"Our former employer. They monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen... happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days.. So we went to Commission headquarters, stole the file, read it and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics." the girl explained further.

"Protect Harold Jenkins. So he must be responsible for the apocalypse." Five finished.

The room was filled with silence before all of the siblings threw questions at their heads they didn't have time answering right now.

"Do you have any idea how insane that sounds?" Allison yelled out.

"You know what else is insane? Me and Eight look like 19-year-old kids, Klaus talks to the dead and Luther thinks he's fooling everyone with that overcoat." Five exploded in fury.

"Yeah, we know your secret, Number One." The girl whispered to the man, sending a wink his way just to add more fuel to the already burning fire.

"Everything about us is insane. It always has been." Five continued shouting. "We didn't choose this life, we're just living it."