08 ☂ Pitty party

Pitty Party

Eight woke up, groaning from the sharp pain in her stomach as she turned to her left on the mattress.

The pain shot up her side like fire. She cringed.

It exploded in her head with a blinding whiteness. It made her dizzy. It made her reel.

The pain was like needles, dipped in alcohol had been jammed through her skin, like her ribs had been replaced with ice and electricity wired straight into her spine.

"Fuck" she exclaimed in agony.

Seconds later, Five had ran into the room, kneeling down in front of her face. "Are you okay?" he asked, slowly unbottoning Eight's shirt to examine the core of the pain.

"Why am I not healing?" the girl cried, her watery eyes studying her bruised stomach and sides.

"I'm not sure." he replied, hesitantly.

His glassy eyes wondered up to Eight's face, a worried look hidden behind the unemotional face as he watched her tears run down her rosy cheek.

He didn't know how to confront her. "Hey, it's okay. We'll figure it out." Five brushed her hair out of her face, kissing her temple gently.

"Let's get you dressed so you can come and eat." he smiled softly, helping the girl into a sitting position as he gathered the rest of her clothes.

"Dressing you is harder than undressing you." Five joked, lifting Eight up into a bridal position and carrying her out of the guest room. She rolled her eyes in response, smirking lightly at the remark.

"You need to trigger my healing." she mumbled, hissing in pain as the boy put her down onto a chair in the crowded kitchen.

She noticed Luther, who previously wasn't here with them, making scrambled eggs and telling a story of his own, so she didn't have to worry about making food, or having Five make food, because he was absolutely terrible at it.

"How do you..do.. How do you trigger healing?" Elliott popped out of blue, standing by the doorframe. "Is that my bathrobe?" he looked over at Luther.

"Break a bone." Five replied to the man's first question, plopping down into a chair across the girl.

"Not my arms. My leg." Eight sighed, pushing her leg out from under the table, preparing herself for the worst.

Five and Eight weren't certain this would work, but based on the girl's experience and knowledge about her powers, two injuries heal faster than one.

The boy leaned down, placing both of his hands just below the girl's knee, ready to twist them into the opposite direction.

"Ready?" he looked up at Eight.

She took a deep breath, nodding softly as her hands gripped the arms of the chair, her eyes shut tight.

In a heartbeat, a sharp pain wandered up through her leg, a cracking sound echoing in her ears as she yelled out in absolute misery, her eyes filled with tears and her cheeks red. "Done, should be healed in a few hours." the boy stated.

Eight opened her eyes, looking down at her leg that looked normal from the outside, the pounding pain eating away the last bits of her self control, but still smiling over at Five.

"Look, who cares what he shanked? He knows something about time travel." He joined in the conversation the other two Hargreeves were having.

"Wait, why don't you just do your thing and, uh, time travel us out?" Elliott asked him, still standing by the doorframe as he listened in.