06 ☂ Hot and heavy

Hot and heavy

As they climbed down the ladder, Five carrying a large bag on his shoulders, Eight slowly following behind him, Klaus was mumbling to himself as he searched through the trash in the alleyway.

"I'd ask what you're up to, Klaus. But then it occurred to me, I don't care" Five said in monotone as his feet hit the ground, helping down the girl.

"Hey!" the man said, standing in the pikes of trash, laughing awkwardly. "You know there are easier ways out of the house, right?" He questioned the two teenagers.

"This one involved the least amount of talking, or so I thought." said the boy, rolling his eyes, and turning on his heal to head out followed by Eight.

"Hey, hey, hey.. So.." Klaus' voice stopped them.

Eight turned back around, sighing, to look at the man.

"What is it Klaus?" the girl asked, pinch of annoyance heard in her voice.

"You need any more company today? I could uh.. Clear my schedule." the man replied.

"Looks like you got your hands full." Five shrugged him off.

"Oh, this? No, no, no. I could do this whenever. I just.." laughed the man, quickly looking around as if he was searching something in the piles.

"I just misplaced something. That's all." he continued, digging through the trash.

"Oh, found it! Thank god!" Klaus spoke, taking a bite out of a half eaten donut he found in between the trash. "Delicious" he added, gulping down the food.

"Eww" said Eight, her face frowning in disgust at the sight.

"I'm done founding your drug habit" Five added, taking off towards the street.

Eight stayed there for another minute, watching the man beg them to join, then swiftly sprinted towards the sound of the engine, hopping into the shotgun seat, and drove away before anyone noticed.

Since the van they stole was largely empty, they were able to drive without disturbing other people or hearing objects clatter and break as a result of Five's erratic and accelerated driving.

"So what now, we just sit here and wait for.. God knows how long?" Eight broke the silence after they parked the van on the opposite side of Lab, where they could see almost every movement made.

Perfect place to be creepy.

"That is the plan" Five bit back at her.

"Stop going on my nerves." the girl rolled her eyes, looking outside the window as she spoke.

"Then stop being stupid" Five replied simply, not caring about filtering his words.

"Reggie should've never bought you. Maybe we wouldn't be in this shit and I could've lived the rest of my live happily." Eight scoffed, imagining her life without Five.

She couldn't complain, but the boy had a significant impact on her life. She was always his top priority.

Even throughout the end of the world, he always made sure she was comfortable, healthy, and never went without food or water, even if it meant skipping meals or sleeping on rocks.

As they grew older and their hormones took control, she eventually fell in love with him because, well, there wasn't anybody else to love.

Without ever putting a label on the situation, they would maintain it that way. Even though they had 45 years together, they could have been lovers, a couple, or even married, but they chose not to. They were merely casual hookups, and after accepting the job offer from the Commission, it came to an end.