17 ☂ The meeting

The meeting

But, while Eight was getting drunk as the night and sobering up at every other minute with her casual speedy healing under the bridge with the homeless people...

Five was figuring out the way to take the briefcase from his doppelganger that just arrived in Dallas, Texas for the mission to make sure the President gets assassinated.

"Luther come on." he shouted to his assigned spotter, jumping down the stairs of Elliott's apartment. "We gotta grab Eight first."

"We don't even know where she is.." The ape man spoke, following the boy outside to the busy street.

"Wait here." that was all the boy said before he disappeared in his vortex and reappeared a second later, with the girl he previously mentioned.

"Well, that's all for good company" she mumbled.

"You remember that Irish pub?" the boy looked at her while they slowly walked to the car the two previously stole.

"Yeah. The one you beat that guy up at.." she giggled to herself, remembering the situation. "Wait.. What are you up to?" she raised a brow.

"Five, don't tell me we're going there to get that briefcase." Eight's concern projected in her voice, her eyebrows staying furrowed in question.

"We're going to do the unthinkable." he opened his car door while glancing at the girl, sitting into the driver's seat.

"What about the paradox psychosis?" she wondered, hopping in beside him, while Luther tried to push himself into the back.

"That's why we need him." the boy pointed his finger at Number One.

"Oh, we're fucked." she sighed, connecting the dots.

Five wasted no time, stepping on the gas and driving straight to the pub the assassins would be at.

And within the 10 feet distance where their car stopped, the two could already feel the side effects of their attempted mission.

"Well, there I am." Five entered the bar with Eight and Luther on his sides, staring towards an old man.

"And there's me too." the girl smiled, seeing a lady outshine every person in the area with her bubbly self and flirty comments. "I just hope neither of you kills that guy."

"Why don't we just grab the briefcase and run?" Luther proposed his idea.

"Luther, we would never let that happen. We're trained to guard these briefcases with our lives." Five explained shortly.

"Right."

"Plus, it's the inherent paradox where this gets tricky." Eight added, scratching herself. "We're endangering our existence just being in the room with ourselves."

"Huh - what do you mean?" the man showed his confusion.

"Luther, try to keep up. If old us don't travel back to 2019 like they're supposed to, the whole thing unravels itself. We cease to exist. You got me?" Five motioned with his hands all around while talking, seemingly distressed in his form.

Yeah, he's definitely caught the paradox psychosis.

"So our best chance is to talk to the. To reason with them." the girl added.

"They'll understand. Trust us. We know ourselves.. Well.. better than we know ourselves." the boy looked over at the old man sitting at the bar, holding a pen in one hand and reading the book in front of him.