05 ☂ They found us...

They found us...

"Oh come on. You guys need to lighten up." Klaus said excitedly, earning a sigh from the both. "Hey you know, I've just realized why you two are so uptight. You must be horny as hell." the older looking man laughed.

Eight took a glance at Five, whose expression appeared irritated but whose ears were coloring pink and whose cheeks were gradually flushing.

She suddenly recalled all the emotions he made her feel in those moments as visions of today's occurrence flashed through her head.

Just before they returned, he also verbally vomited out his emotions at her, and she kept hearing them in her head like a broken record.

Up to this point, she didn't even recognize it. She was suddenly uncomfortable, remorseful, and upset.

"All those years you two by yourself. It's gotta screw with your heads" Klaus shook his head while smiling.

"Well. We weren't alone" Five sighed, his eyes glazing over the street.

Dolores. Eight completely forgot about the mannequin who kept them half-what sane.

"Oh? Pray tell." Klaus laid his body over the stairs.

"Dolores.." Eight exhaled, getting up and running away from the two, hopefully unnoticed although she'd always leave behind a little whirl of wind.

She dashed towards the direction of the department store where she had last seen Dolores, covered in dust from the demolished structure.

She waited behind the building until it was almost time for closing before breaking in. She could certainly phase herself through the glass door, therefore she wouldn't regard that as breaking in since there would be no physical signs of having done so.

Warmly grinning at the synthetic girl who was posing for the display, she made her way down the aisles and over to the mannequin.

"Hey Dolores, it's been a while" Eight sighed, feeling guilty fpr completely forgetting about her. "I'm sorry I couldn't come earlier. Five and I.. Well.. We're not on our best terms right now" she continued, her eyes glassy.

Her ears caught noises she didn't hear before, immediately running away to hide, leaving the mannequin at its place.

"Dolores. It's good to see you" she heard Five's deep but soft voice. The softened voice he only used with Dolores and Eight.

Her tense body quickly relaxed after hearing his voice, now being sure it wasn't an intruder but Five, who came to the store for the same reason Eight did, to take Dolores.

"I've missed you, obviously" he scoffed.

Eight still sat behind the cashier's barrel, trying to find the courage to go to him but couldn't, not after all his words resurfacing in her mind, making her feel like absolute shit about the situation they're in because of that.

"Well I.. It's been a rough couple of days." he snorted, explaining his situation to the mannequin like she's a therapist.

Eight kneeled up, turning around to look over the bar when she noticed two people, kid's masks on their faces to hid their identity entering the building, with guns in their hands.

"Fuck" she whispered to herself as she stood up, using her speed to get to Five and pull him down before shots started firing out on them.

"No" Five screeched out loud as they tried to hide between the cloth rags.