13 ☂ Melissa

Melissa

In the living room of the Hargreeves home, Eight awoke on the uncomfortable sofa, grumbling as her eyelids fluttered open and her retinas became irritated by the light coming in through the large windows.

She muttered to herself, "God, I feel like I'm hungover," as she sat up gradually with her feet on the floor.

The girl tried to relieve the throbbing headache by massaging her head with her fingertips. "Mom?" Eight scanned the area in an effort to find the robot.

"Good to see you awake." The woman approached her with her customary smile on her face.

"You must be famished. I cooked you breakfast; could you also bring it up to your brother?" She gave the young girl a loving gaze.

"Brother" she scoffed at the word, remembering, none of them were actually related, just bought and brought here. "Which one are we talking about?" the girl grunted, standing up, her muscles feeling sore and every part of her body aching.

"Five, of course. He is still recovering." Grace replied.

"Recovering? What happened to him?" Eight popped the question, her eyes instantly filling with worry.

However, the robot didn't respond; instead, she simply handed the girl the trail of food while idly humming a song.

She reluctantly picked up the large tray and made her way up the stairs while attempting to ignore her headache.

Looking for the boy, she poked her head through the slightly ajar door and inquired, "Five?"

He squinted as he slowly opened his eyes and turned to face the girl as he was lying in bed wearing his pajamas.

Eight slowly entered the room, using her foot to shut the door behind herself, walking towards the bed and laying the trail down in the boy's lap as he had now sat up.

"What happened to you?" she snuggled into the sheets beside him.

"Shrapnel wound" He said simply. "And you?" he looked at the girl, studying her face. "You look hungover." the boy commented.

"I feel hungover as well. Turns out this body isn't the greatest one I've had. Heightened senses and a murder shire in someone's attic just don't mix well." Eight shrugged her shoulder, taking food from the plate and munching on it quickly.

"So, you were just overwhelmed?" The boy questioned, trying to make sense out of her speech as he started eating too.

"I guess I'm just hungry, tired and really fed up with trying to save the world that doesn't want to be saved." Eight sighed. "I've started to question if coming back here was the wisest decision." she scoffed.

"Wakey, Wakey. Eggs and bakey." they heard Klaus yell, a ringing bell sounding the hallways.

"Oh for fucks sake, can't we get five minutes of piece and quiet?" Five exhaled, throwing a small tantrum.

"Well, we still have to sort of.. Save the world and all humanity.. So.." Eight breathed out, getting up from under the covers as she fixed her clothes.

"Come on" she walked to the other side, helping the boy up as well, slowly heading towards the door.

They waltzed into the kitchen, seeing the sight of Number One and Four, casually being themselves as Klaus served coffee.

Five grabbed the coffee mug from Luther's grip, taking it for a taste test before he grimaced, disgust on his face. "Jesus, who do I have to kill to get a decent cup of coffee?".

𝙲𝙴𝙻𝙴𝚁𝙸𝚃𝙰𝚂 𝚂𝙿𝙰𝚃𝙸𝚄𝙼 ☂ Five HargreevesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara