08 ☂ Like a broken record...

Like a broken record...

 Being hauled out of the library awoke the two youngsters.

Even though she was now sober, Eight still enjoyed being carried by Diego, her younger brother. She had locked her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist while attempting to get as much rest as she could.

"Well, we can't go back to the house." Luther breathed out. "It is not secure. Those psychopaths could come back at any time." Eight heard him proceed.

The second man arranged their strategy by saying, "My place is closer. No one will look for them there."

The girl snarled in pain, "Ouch Diego, your knives are digging my skin," she shifted in his arms in an effort to feel more comfortable.

Number One made a warning to the youngster he was carrying, saying, "If you vomit on me".

"You know what's funny? We're going through puberty twice." Five shouted. "And we.. We drank the entire bottle, didn't we?" Due to the effects of the residual alcohol in his system, he giggled to himself.

The boy threw his head back and remarked, "That's what you do when the world you love goes bye-bye."

"Poof, it's gone" Eight imitated an explosion with her hand.

"What are you guys talking about?" When Five regained consciousness, his brain was still having trouble understanding what the two men had said.

Before speaking, Luther let out a long sigh. "Last night, two masked intruders attacked the academy. They came looking for you two. So I need you to focus. What do they want?" He gave the two a brief explanation of what happened the day before.

Eight laughed, saying, "Ah, Hazel and Cha-Cha. Best of the best"

"Except for us, of course" The boy lifted his head up to look at the girl, smiling widely.

"You know, Dolores always hated when I drink.." he said, looking at the empty bottle he gripped in his hand. "You should've made me a Shirley-" he eyes the girl.

"Hey! I need you to focus!" Diego interrupted him.

"What do this Hazel and Cha-Cha want? I just want to protect you" Diego exhaled in frustration.

"Protect us." Five giggled. "We don't need your protection, Diego."

"Do you have any idea how many people we've killed? No." he scoffed. "We're the four frickin' horsemen. The apocalypse is coming" he shouted out, throwing his hands in the air as he did.

Just seconds after that, he turned his head sideways, vomiting all what was left inside of him.

"How come you're not drunk?" Diego glanced towards Eight.

"Rapid healing. My system works out anything in no time. That's why I eat 32 burgers in one sitting" she shrugged, answering his question.

"Oh" the man nodded in confusion, trying to understand what the girl explained to him.

The four siblings, and Dolores in Five's hold, continued their way to Diego's place, which turned out to be a Gym' very own boiler room.

"God, Number Two, you could've at least stolen a little money from dear old papa and get an apartment instead of the Gym's basement" Eight looked around the room.

Considering the circumstances, it appeared to be adequately furnished.

Posters of the umbrella kids that Eight hadn't seen in a long were on the walls. She grinned at the pleasant memories from that time frame that were obscuring her mind.