19 ☂ War

War

Arriving at the scene looked nothing like any of the Hargreeves siblings would have expected.

The area around the farm was covered in a white blanket, snow falling from the sky, wind whistling, electricity crackling and sizzling, lightnings crashing all around the place.

"Oh, my!" Eight exclaimed, wide-eyed as the vehicle got closer to the blue tornado touching the storm clouds.

"You think whatever's going on inside is causing the cold front?" Diego questioned on his way out of the car.

"Well, the correlation is high."

The siblings finally gathered to one place after each left the car, their eyes still fixated on the petrifying scene they were witnessing.

Suddenly, a blonde woman came running out of the farm, panting while holding a gun.

"Sissy, Sissy." Vanya held her hands up in defense.

"Get back!" the woman shouted, pointing the gun at them.

"Sissy! Hey! Hey! What's wrong?" Number Seven tried to question the visibly frightened woman.

"Carl." she panted, her lips frowning.

"What did he do to you?"

Sissy was breathing shakily, her hands still gripping the weapon. "He's.. He's dead. Harlan tossed him aside like a rag doll, same way you sent those policemen flyin'." her voice shaked. "What did you do to him? What the hell did you do to my son?" she screamed.

"We don't have time for this." Diego mumbled, making a step forward but he stopped in movement as the woman suddenly aimed her gun at him. "Where you think you're going?"

"To help your son." he responded.

"Look, Sissy, I found my family. These are my brothers and my sisters." Vanya attempted to explain herself as she stepped forward, introducing her siblings.

Eight slightly waved, Luther greeted her with a "Ma'am" as the rest stood around.

"Were you lyin' to me the whole time?" the woman popped the question.

"Of course not. Look, I didn't know who I was. But I do now. And we are not the monsters that they say we are. We did not kill the president. We are not terrorists. We're not here to hurt anyone." Vanya put the allegations to rest.

"Then..." the woman panted again, "...who are you?"

"The only one who can help Harlan."

With that, the woman motioned for them to follow her inside the barn, to the root of the situation.

The siblings gathered around, watching Vany attempt to calm the kid, but she was unsuccessful.

Her eyes suddenly lighted up the familiar bluish-white as she entered inside the hurricane like barrier around the small boy.

"Careful."

Eight watched in horror, seeing the boy suspended mid air, shaking from the powers he cannot handle, and Vanya putting her life on the line to save him.

"Uh.. Guys?" Klaus' voice sounded unsure and somewhat afraid, watching outside with his eyes squinted.

Diego walked over to him, cursing to himself as he looked into same direction.