09 ☂ Desperation move

Desperation move

"Why does it never work out for us?" Eight whined, entering the Academy with Five by her side.

After telling Luther the truth, he eventually let the two adolescents to leave since, evidently, he didn't want to die either. He also offered his assistance, though they weren't sure how he or anyone else could help end this madness.

The boy was so irritated that he could only roll his eyes at what she said as he ascended the stairs.

"I should probably see Vanya's therapist" Eight sighed.

"Mhm" Five mumbled.

As they put their feet to the first floor, they noticed bloody footprints all over the carpet walking down the long hallway, the two followed.

Entering Klaus' room, they noticed the man getting dressed, his eyes red and swollen, his limbs week and his state depressive and distressed.

"Klaus? Are you alright?" Eight worried, stepping towards the man who embraced her in a tight hug quickly.

"Hey.." he man whispered.

"You okay?" Five asked skeptically.

"Yeah, I just.. Long night" Klaus lied, letting go of the shorter girl he held tightly and stepping back a little, so his eyes could frame both teenagers.

"More than one from the looks of it" Five chuckled to himself.

"Yeah" the man shrugged him off.

The girl became very skeptical of the situation, slowly studying the man and seeing an unfamiliar veteran tattoo plastering his skin, dogtags dingling around his neck.

The man seemed on edge and verge of crying and breaking down, just like when they'd...

"Time travel" Eight gasped.

"You did it, didn't you?" Five asked, his hands deep in his pockets as he stood.

"What are you two talking about?" Klaus slowly sat down on his bed, his hands covering his face.

"You know, we can recognize the symptoms Klaus" Five shrugged.

"Symptoms of what?" The man played clueless of what the two ex assassins were talking about.

"The jat lag. Full body itch. Headache that feels like someone showed a box of cotton up into your nose and through your brain" Five listed the clear symptoms of time travel like he was so familiar with all of it.

"You gonna tell us about it?" The girl questioned.

"Your pals, when they broke into the house and they couldn't find you, they took me hostage instead." The man explained harshly, his blame on the two in front of him.

"And in return, you stole their briefcase." Five sighed.

"Yeah. I thought there was money in it, or I could pawn it, you know, whatever. And then I opened it." Klaus explained.

"And the next thing you knew, you were... Where? Or should I say when?" Eight looked at the man with concern.

"Oh for fucks sake Klaus." The girl exhaled after learning that their brother destroyed the briefcase they so desperately needed.

She couldn't be mad at the man, he truly seemed affected by the consequences of traveling in time, and she knew it was all new to him.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Five snapped at him.