14 ☂ Powerless?

Powerless?

"Luther get your ass up and let's go." Eight shouted out in the empty café bar.

"Eight, let Diego handle it." Klaus shushed her.

As she leaned against the table behind the remaining Hargreeves siblings, excluding Allison and Vanya, and watched Number One and Number Two converse across the room, she sighed in frustration.

That's why they're here in the first place. Obtain Luther's pitiful ass and look for Number Three, who ostensibly left in quest of Number Seven.

This family is totally weird.

"You should've led with that. Jesus Christ." Luther exhaled, quickly getting up and running out of the small bar, jumping into the backseat of the car.

The rest followed closely behind, with Five starting the engine while Klaus sat shotgun, Diego pressing up against Luther, and Eight nonchalantly running alongside the automobile.

She did feel like she was tethered to it and being pulled by her arms, but that was better than being squeezed to death by the Simian hybrid.

The distance to their destination allowed the sun to set while they were still traveling.

"I think we're almost there." Eight said, her legs still moving on the concrete road like she was stepping on clouds, her hair blown back by the heavy wind, eyes a little watery from the dust.

As he saw Eight becoming apprehensive, Five pressed the gas pedal in an attempt to get along more quickly. As Eight's phasing form soon took off, road debris rose up and temporarily blinded the other men in the car.

"What's going on?" As the car slid across the track, Klaus let out a sigh.

However, Five frantically turned from the tarmac to a gravel path, following the dust trails the girl had left behind, but he never gave a response.

Meanwhile

Eight pushed the wooden door of the small cabin open, her senses filling with sweat and blood mixing together.

"What did you do?" The girl exhaled, her eyes wide in terror as she watched Vanya and the Jenkins dude hover over Allison's choking body.

"I'm so sorry." Number Seven yelled out, her eyes filled with heavy tears as she tried to stop Number Three from bleeding out.

She shoved Vanya off Allison's body, falling back into her murderous boyfriend's arms, the girl's hands on the open wound across the woman's throat.

"What the speed force, what happened here?" Indignant and disgusted, Eight yelled as she pointed towards Vanya and her boyfriend who were standing a few steps away from the other two.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." the standing woman exhaled, her tears still spilling like a fountain.

"Vanya, let's go." Harold Jenkins pulled her outside, disappearing into the darkness of the night.

Regardless of the fact that Vanya was one of them, Eight felt the need to chase them and make them pay. However, she first needed to assist Allison, but she was unsure of how.

Although she could heal herself rapidly, she was unable to share her ability with others.

"It's okay Allison, they're coming. They're on their way." Eight's voice cracked at the sight of the woman choking on her own blood as she continously gasped for air.

She considered just picking her up and running her back to the academy, but she couldn't risk ripping the wound more and being the total cause of her death.