05 ☂ Sound waves

Sound waves

Eight and Five stumbled into Elliott's apartment, sweaty, tired from their previous foray with Pogo and the creepy mannequin families.

The two appear in the living room, just on time to witness Diego's absolute abuse with an iron and some patches, sighing in relief that he wasn't dead.

After Eight caught the smell of blood, they hurried to the scene, in fear it was Diego, but couldn't find anything except a blood pool on the cemented ground.

"Oh. He isn't dead." Five smirked.

The woman, Lila quickly looked up at them, her hands still patching up Diego's wound,  "Disappointed?" she asked.

"Oh, to see you? Always." he bit back.

"Five, be nice." Eight warned the boy.

"So much hostility in such a tiny package. Listen to your girlfriend." The woman granted out.

"Shut it, brit. Before I rip your heart out." The girl exclaimed tonelessly.

Eight's angry glaze could've sliced the woman into pieces, but she chose to calmly leave the conversation before it'd have gotten heated.

She was mad Five didn't listen to her, and now Diego was hurt and their only lead is a shitty ball.

"Why is Elliott still tied up?" The girl groaned at the sigh of the man, hearing the man's soft snoring.

"You didn't untie him?" Five blew up in the woman's face.

"Was I supposed to?"

"Take me, Satan" Eight implored.

"Five." the girl stopped in her movement, her soft voice echoing through the apartment as she called out for her partner.

The boy appeared in front of her in a second, yanking him into the guest room Elliott offered for them and tightly shutting the door.

"We need to find the rest of us." she stated, her serious, blank expression sitting on her face.

"I know that."

"But we need to find Vanya first." The teens said in unison, stating the obvious fact.

They didn't know where to start the search, nor how to find her, it most likely wasn't the impossible, if that, they've done far more than what supposedly wasn't possible by now.

Five sat down on the edge of the bed, his hands holding his head on both sides, tilted down to the floor as he thought of ways.

The girl however, was standing tall, her back leaned into the door.

"What if.." Eight pondered, "we build a radar. And atmospheric radar, that would track sound waves?" she queried. "I mean, Vanya's powers are all based on sound waves, right? So it.. Could work. We could track her down." she stated.

The boy looked up from his seat, his eyes anchored attention on the girl, his brows knitting in a frow as he thought it through.

"I fucking love you." he quickly stood up, bolting forward as he embraced the girl in a bone crushing hug. "You're a genius."

"I know that." Eight giggled.

The boy let go of her, sparing one last glance into her icy eyes before blinking away from the room, leaving Eight behind.

She shrugged her shoulder, dashing towards the bed and tucking herself under the covers, quickly drifting off into a slumber.

While Eight slept, Five started building the radar, making sure to build it for the right purpose.