16 ☂ Before we die

Before we die

Arriving at the Bowling alley, the two teenagers joined the rest of their siblings, trying to figure out a plan to stop this nonsense.

"Look, I hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to prepare." Luther broke the silence, trying to be the leader he always failed to be.

"For what?" Diego exhaled.

"To do whatever it takes." Luther's answer earned a smack from Allison, grunts and sighs from the rest.

"And you officially lost my interest." Eight stood up from the very uncomfortable chair she shared with Five, preparing to walk away from this conversation.

Allison lifted her notebook, tapping on the written words "She's our sister" with her pen to get Luther's attention.

"We may not have a choice, Allison." the ape sighed.

"Bullshit" Diego and Eight shouted in unison.

As much as she hated the idea of their sister destroying the planet, she couldn't bring herself to the point of 'doing whatever it takes' being the only option.

There must've been another way around this. A loophole, maybe?

She didn't know. Her fast brain stopped working from the moment the Academy almost killed them all.

"Look. I'm with Luther on this one." Five stated his opinion, looking around him.

"Traitor" Eight mumbled under her breath.

"We can't give her a chance to fight back. There are billions of lives at stake. We're past trying to save just one." he continued voicing his opinion as the rest of the Hargreeves siblings listened.

"Maybe I should just kill you instead of Vanya then" she rolled her eyes, whispering her words loud enough for Five to hear.

The siblings broke out into a fight, throwing all sprts of insults and secrets at each other, causing them to fall apart, leaving Number Two, Four, Five and Eight by the table, keeping silent.

"Klaus if you just kept your mouth shut for once in your life." The furious girl looked at her younger brother, a threatening look on her face.

"Oh, for the love of God Melissa" Diego exhaled. The man slapped his hand on his lips, recognizing what he had just said, looking at the girl with apologetic eyes.

Everyone knew she hated that name. Absolutely despised it. There wasn't a specific reason for the strong dislike, she just didn't think it suited her.

"What did you just call me?" she looked at Number Two, anger tinting her usually soft voice.

"We don't have time for this now. Stop -" Five tried to calm the situation, being interrupted by a sweet woman asking if he'd want to play with her son.

In the close distance, Eight heard the familiar sound of a field message arriving in a tube, hitting Five by his hand and gesturing him to get it.

The container specifically said it was for Number Five, so Eight wasn't bothered for another second but still waited for the boy to open it, only to find a fortune cookie inside of it.

"How did she find you?" Eight asked in confusion.

The boy dug deep into his pockets, remembering he had taken those chocolates from the Handler's office a few days ago, unwrapping the paper and seeing the little tracker flashing green.