01 ☂ Another doomsday?

On April the 1st, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Billions of people were wiped out in a matter of minutes. Ironically, the seven survivors of the apocalypse were the very siblings who brought it on.

☂ Another doomsday? ☂

Five tumbled through the sky's blue vortex, groaning in discomfort as he crashed on the chilly concrete of an unfamiliar alleyway.

He quickly looked around and discovered that he was alone. Distant gunfire and machine gun fire obscured his cries for his siblings as he anxiously shouted their names.

He moved in the direction of the far-off Russian murmurs while moving toward the main street.

While walking, the youngster picked up some newspapers that were lying in the mud and read the headlines, "Soviets attack US."

Tanks ruled the streets as the two armies engaged in combat and Five found himself in the midst of a conflict. "No, this can't be right" he sighed, watching the battle in terror.

"What the hell did we do now?" The young boy exhaled as his eyes remained fixed on the dead bodies lying nearby and his ears were filled with yells and shouting coming from the street.

He turned to look at his siblings, each using their special abilities to kill Russian soldiers in the battle. "Eight?" His eyes landed on the speedster, dressed in black, blood covering her clothes, as she multiplied herself to take down more than one could.

But he went unnoticed by the girl.

Knowing she was still alive and had been reunited with the rest of the family made him feel suddenly better.

Diego, now sporting long hair, yelled at the youngster, who remained standing still as if his feet had developed roots, "Five! You sick son of a bitch, where the hell have you been?"

A whooshing sound behind him startled him out of his reverie, and when he turned to see an elderly guy, he recognized Hazel at once.

"If you wanna live, come with me." the man said in a hurry.

"Hazel. What the hell's going on here?" Five shouted.

"There's no time to explain. Those are nukes, old-timer." Hazel pointed out, his hand held out for the boy to take.

"What about my family?" he asked.

"You can't save 'em if you're dead." And with that, the two disappeared in a blink, leaving the rest of the family behind.

They reappear on the same street near the alleyway, the date being November 15th, 1963.

"Okay...what the hell was that?" Five freaked out.

"The end of the world, November 25, 1963."

"You know, Hazel, I'm no history buff, but I don't recall there being a nuclear holocaust." the boy said, chuckling softly.

"No shit."

"What about my family?" he asked.

"Dead, like everyone else." Hazel said.

"And where am I now?" Five questioned further.

"Dallas. Same street. Ten days earlier." Hazel explained. "Plenty of time to restore the timeline and save them." the bearded man added.

"Okay." the boy whispered. "So where do we start?" he asked, looking up to the taller man.

"We"? You're on your own, pal. I'm just here to keep a promise to Agnes." Hazel scoffed.