06 ☂ A slip up

A slip up

The Umbrella Academy's Number Five and Number Eight are known as the best temporal assassins in the space time continuum.

Five and Eight Hargreeves are arguably the most powerful duo in time.

And right now, they have just entered Jack Ruby's Carousel Club, and underground fight club, searching for Luther with Vanya on their side.

Luther was inside the ring, getting beaten up by the massive muscle man, fighting under the name of 'Lights out Lubbock'.

Overlapping angry shouts filled the room, all the people around the ring watching Luther spit out his blood and pant out of exhaustion.

"Why isn't he fighting back?" Eight yelled over to Five, questioning their brother's actions.

They kept watching the ape man beg his rival to hit him over and over again, his face bruising and swelling for all the punches he'd received already.

"Luther, are you crazy? Just hit him!"

Lubbock landed a massive undercut to the jaw, growling like an animal, lifting Luther off his feet as he sent him flying backwards.

Number One Hargreeves now laid knocked out unconscious on the dirty floor, blood and sweat covering his face.

"Shit."
"Luther"

"Why didn't he fight back?"

"Come on, let's get him out of here." Eight called out, pulling their unconscious brother out of the ring through the small opening in the fence.

"I'll just blink us out of here." Five suggested, grabbing on to Luther's shoulder.

Eight sent him a small nod, taking Vanya's hand and placing it onto Five's shoulder as she watched the blue vortex swallow the three siblings.

She quickly stood up and glanced around, hoping nobody had seen them disappear, herself slowly pushing through the yelling crowd to get out of the Club.

She sat on the driver's seat of Vanya's car and drove it off to Luther's place, as she and Five had already done their research.

"Why can't anything ever go smoothly.." she breathed out, her eyes still fixated on the road, hands gripping the steering wheel, thoughts clouding her mind completely.

She parked the car in front of the Rooming house Luther lived at, noticing Five's frame standing tall by the road, his hands pocketed as he stared over at the girl getting out of the vehicle.

"Is he okay?" Eight questioned the boy as she got closer to him.

"Most likely." he said.

"God, I just really want a day off." she mumbled, looking up the tall building they stood in front of.

Suddenly, a few bricks fell from the tall wall, leaving a big hole Five and Eight could see through, watching in amusement as Luther panted from up above them through the hole he created.

A few seconds later, Vanya had come out of the rooming house, steaming in anger as she hurried towards her car.

"Well, that clearly went well. You ready to go?" Five asked the woman enthusiastically.

"I'm going back to the farm." she stated, taking long steps towards the car.

"Hey. Unacceptable, Vanya." Five ran towards her to catch up.

"Remember, we need to stick together." Eight, using her super speed, appeared behind the woman, standing by the car, guarding the door so she couldn't get in and leave.