04 ☂ Bad idea

Bad idea

"Of course Dad would be involved in the assassination. I should've known." Diego stated.

Elliott and Lila were restrained while the Hargreeves siblings were in Elliott's home office. As his hands hurriedly combed through his hair in anguish, five was seen circling back and forth. Eight was unconcernedly lounging on the sofa with her chin resting on the tops of her knees, her eyes hazy, and her gaze wandering.

"No, you're jumping to conclusions." Five disagreed.

"What else is he doing standing on the grassy knoll, holding an open black umbrella on a sunny day in Dallas the exact same moment the president gets shot?" Diego shouted, pointing at the frozen picture of their father on the big screen.

"It doesn't look good. I admit." The boy matched his energy.

"No, he's the signalman for the whole goddamn thing." the man exhaled, his eyes widening.

"Easy, Diego." Eight stepped in, trying to calm him. "Seriously."

"No, it makes sense. This is what Hazel was obviously trying to tell you. We have to stop Dad from killing the president." Diego's eyes lit up at the sound of his 'brilliant'  plan, earning a sight from Eight.

"Diego, calm down, all right? Dad was no Boy Scout, but presidential assassination? It's never been his thing." Five tried to calm the situation, very unsuccessfully.

"How would you know? You skipped out on his golden years." The man scoffed, leaving a snarky remark.

"Skipped out?" Eight shouted in an offended tone.

"You think we had it easy, Diego? We were alone for 45 years." Five stepped in, lecturing the taller man, "You know what? We don't have the time for this right now. Dad's clearly in Dallas, right? Let's just go talk to him. Maybe he can help us fix the timeline."

"You can't really do that without messing the timeline even more, dumbass." Eight breathed out.

Despite their desperation, Eight found that to be the worst plan Five had come up with so far. If entering the timeline resulted in a Doomsday in ten days, what would happen if they contacted their father today, nearly 20 years before he even adopted and reared them all?

"That's the only way." Five sighed.

"No, it's-"

"Dalas is a big place. We'd have to find him first." Diego interrupted the girl.

She muttered an insult under her breath as she left the cramped space and slammed the door shut with all her might, causing the wood to split in two and reverberating throughout the flat.

When Five and Diego emerged from the darkroom, she waltzed into the kitchen and began searching the cabinets for any food.

"Eight, come on" Five nodded his hair sideways, calling to the girl.

"Nah, I'm good." she said, unphased by the boy's calling as she munched on some 60's crackers that tasted like dust. She grimaced in disgust, but shrugging her shoulder she kept eating it because it was better to eat something so nasty then nothing at all.

"Eight." Five called again, his jaw clenching out of anger and annoyance.

"Not interested" she replied.

The boy took a deep breath and wrinkled his brows as he approached the girl, taking her hand and he tugged her into the blue vortex and vanished from the room.