The Precious Blood of Jesus

One of the foster families I was placed with for a few months was on a farm. Before that I didn't know we still had farms. I thought all our food came from China. I didn't like any of my foster homes much but was the one I disliked the least. I enjoyed doing farm chores. If they hadn't made me go to school I might not have run away. Or maybe I would have, one of their kids was giving me some rapey looks.

Because I was down on the farm for a bit I know what wet hay smells like. It's not a good smell but it's not horrible. That's what my opponent last night smelled like. I hope she lives on a farm, otherwise she's probably really sick. I don't think a healthy person can make a smell like that on their own.

Since I live in my car and most of the places I work don't have showers I can't claim the high ground when it comes to hygiene. I am as committed to hygiene as I can be. I never turn down a chance to clean up. You can accomplish a lot with a bathroom sink.

It could be worse, I was on a show where two dudes were getting into it backstage because one of them gave the other ringworm. I wonder if John Cena ever had to deal with that. The ringworm boys didn't end up actually throwing hands because of an appeal by a third guy to pray and forgive.

One thing Doug the Disco Biscuit didn't warn me about the wrestling biz is the strong thread of Christianity running through it. It's not uncommon to see dudes in a prayer circle before a show. There have been Christian-themed wrestling promotions, Ted Diabase had one, I think Sting did too. The Christian Wrestling Federation is still around. Or they were a year ago at least because they blocked me on Twitter then.

I can understand veterans being born again. After some time in the biz you become a drug addict, commit a few sexual assaults, beat your girlfriend a couple times, get a bunch of DUIs, and eventually you either die or find Jesus. It's a pretty good deal, all you have to do is say you're sorry and Jesus forgives everything you did before. All the people you hurt, don't worry about it, Jesus saves. Faith washes all that away.

I don't get it with the younger guys. They haven't hit rock bottom yet so I'm not sure what their angle is with religion. While ringworm and the intervener were praying about ringworm there was an English wrestler standing nearby whose accent was so strong I couldn't tell if he was participating or making fun of them to their faces without anyone noticing.

Accent isn't the right word because I could tell what he was saying, the words made no sense to me. That's a dialect maybe. That's the benefit of having an indecipherable way of speaking, no one knows when you're mocking them. But if they don't know does it matter?

One of my foster siblings always flipped people off behind their backs. I guess it made him feel better. It's defiance of a low sort without any of the possibilities of retribution that real defiance brings. Like when grown ass men shout abuse at children playing sports.   

Comments (4) | Leave a comment | Like | Share | Report this Post