No ghosts

Since the Scrap Iron experience taught me that I can use my finding spell to find people dead or alive, I've been thinking about something.

Should I try it to find Obaluaiye? Or Royale?

Probably they're dead. If they are alive, they must have reasons for not contacting me. In either case there's no reason for me to try and find them. Other than selfishness.

I've been trying to come up with other scenarios. Scenarios where what I want to do is also the right thing to do. I'm sure there's a word for that. Justification I guess. I need a word with more negative context.

I called the professor to talk about ghosts. I asked him, if Royale is dead would he be able to contact him? Or conjure his spirit so I could talk to him?

He said that ghosts don't work like that. According to him ghosts aren't the people we knew any more than a shadow is the person casting it. He said that ghosts are more like an imaginary friend. Only real. Whatever the fuck that means.

I asked him if he knew any magic people besides Mr. Petticord. He said no but how can that be true? He's a professor. How can he be content not searching out more information? I think he could tell that I was feeling depressed. He said I should come visit him for a couple days. I told him that I would visit next time I'm over that way.

But I probably won't.

I have used the finding spell but not to find Obaluaiye or Royale. To find the blood mage that attacked his ex-wife.

He's in Grapevine Texas.

Comments (0) | Leave a comment | Like | Share | Report this Post