Failure to plan

I didn't learn much at the diner. Raymond Pine must be magic. That's about it. I can't explain why but I believed the server that going in the break room would be a bad idea.

I was able to heal my wrist after I was there. My magic feels "balanced" again. If that place is a magic energy reservoir I think I got charged up. One of the main skills I'm working on is drawing in and storing more magic. Everyone carries a little magic in them, Obaluaiye and Royale taught me how to expand that capability. You have to train yourself to take more.

If you know what I mean.

With that mystery "solved" it was time to head back to the site of the Bloody Mary incident. First stop was the Welcome Inn & Suites. I asked for the same room where I sat bleeding and dry heaving. I don't know why. The guy working there remembered me. He asked if I was going to make trouble again. I asked him what he was going to do if I said yes.

After getting my accommodations squared away, I returned to the hallowed parking lot of the Berwyn Eagles Club. Looked like there was a wedding reception going on there. I didn't have a plan for investigating. Walk around and see if I could sense something. Try a version of my finding spell maybe.

Turns out I didn't need a plan.

As I sat in my '96 Caprice Classic wagon wondering what to do next, a girl popped out of a 2018 Lexus GS across the parking lot. I'm not good at describing people. I want to say she looked like that girl from Superstore but maybe I just think that because she's Asian and I'm racist. I don't know how to phrase it, she didn't look older than she was but she looked better? I'm not explaining it well.

She's one of those 17-year-olds that pervs who aren't fully actualized pedos are counting down the days until her 18th birthday. That's the best way to describe her.

She walked up with way too much confidence and said "Took you long enough".

I'm not great in social situations. Not because I get rattled or nervous. This girl rattled me. I felt off balance the entire time I was talking to her. Her boyfriend had dragged her to the show and she saw everything. She saw the entity or creature controlling Bloody Mary. She saw the whole thing.

She knew I was coming. She could sense it. That's why she was there waiting for me.

Comments (0) | Leave a comment | Like | Share | Report this Post