The second rule of outlaw fight club is eat at Appleby's

I got a call from Outlaw Fight Club to come out west. They're starting a YouTube show and they want me to film seven episodes over a long weekend. They aren't sure how many spots they want me for, but they offered me 400 bucks regardless.

$400 is a good weekend payday for me. I told them I would love to work for them next time I'm in the area, but a cross country road trip would cost me close to 400 dollars. They asked why I didn't fly, which I never do, but but $200 for a flight plus a couple days in a motel and I'm right back to making no money.

I wasn't trying to hold them up, I was just being practical, but they called back a few hours later and said they'd cover the flight and I could stay with the promoter and they'd paid me $300. I told them I didn't want to be without my car, and honestly I wasn't pumped about rooming with some random dude so I passed again.

They then offered me $700. Although half will be in Applebee's gift cards.

On the rare occasion that I actually try to negotiate more money it's always a disaster. Whenever I'm not trying seems to be the only time I get offered more money. I've got one show in the Twin Cities on the way and another in Idaho, but otherwise it's just a straight up 3000 mile road trip.

I'm in Lowell, MA right now. I met with the biggest and probably onlyest Bessie Love memorabilia collector. You know those dudes who at a certain age start looking like someone's aunt? He was one of those. He talked in a quiet moist voice that I found unpleasant.

I spent hours with him while he fawned over a bunch of dusty old crap. I was bored to tears until he opened an old trunk that he said was found in Bessie's home after her death. I don't know how I knew, but I knew that the stuff was magic. Royale implied that things could be imbued with magic, but I never encountered one before.

Since the stuff wasn't Bessie's, I asked him if I could have it. Rude, I know. He wasn't going to part with the gold pocket watch, gold cufflinks, or diamond ring but he did give me the old men's topcoat and an alligator wallet.

I have no clue what they do but I know they're magic. Since I'm in the area, I think I'll stop and talk to the professor about them before I head into the west.

Comments (0) | Leave a comment | Like | Share | Report this Post