The once and future milf

Tonight I wrestled POM in Santa Ynez. She isn't a good worker but she is very pretty.

This doesn't seem right. Three days ago I was getting my ass kicked by a demon that killed my mentor, life just goes on? How can that be right? How can life just be normal?

Is this what PTSD feels like?

I had to cancel a show because it took me most of a day to heal my arm. While I was lying in my car sweating and moaning I saw a tweet from Mickie James saying she wants to start calling herself the Monday Night Milf.

It made me think about Madame X and her frank attitude towards sexuality.

Mickey James will never be allowed to do that because it might offend someone. Professional wrestling is all about being prim and proper and not pushing anyone's buttons.

It's easy to dismiss that as WWE corporate weirdness but there's a taboo in wrestling about sexy women being sexy. As I can tell the rule is that women should dress sexy and shake their titties and have their ass hanging out, but they SHALL NOT act like sex exists or they know what it is. One time Becky Lynch tweeted about having sex with her husband and everyone's heads exploded with rage. She's not even one of the sexy ones, she's normal.

The idea from the promoters must be that you want the fans to think they can bang the sexy lady, so if the sexy lady talks about banging someone that makes the fans think they're not going to get to bang her. Which is bad.

How can you sell tickets to a sexy lady that you don't get to pretend you have a shot with? The man-whore character has been part of the wrestling world forever, and is still around today, but I can't think of any female wrestler who does anything like that. Maybe Session Moth Martina, but I'm not sure about that, it's played for laughs so maybe that's different.

Fans complain that all wrestlers are the same. There's some truth to that as I have said myself. It goes double or triple for women. There's just not much women allowed to do with their character. I was listening to Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows on a podcast the other day. They're just two dudes duding it up and being dudes. Has there ever been a female team like that? I can't think of one. I'm thinking of a duo like Abbi and Ilana from Broad City only with wrestling. The only women teams I can think of had this gimmick, are women, do wrestling. The second one isn't always strictly necessary.

Does it not exist because no one wants it? Spoiler alert, most wrestling fans are men, maybe they don't want to see women being cool or being goofy or being funny or being horrible or being anything other than generic default women. I don't know.

Sometimes I think about what it would be like to do a gimmick not just where I hate on the fans, heels have been doing that since the beginning, but where I hate on wrestling itself.  

Comments (9) | Leave a comment | Like | Share | Report this Post