Caskett: Falling in love at school, Chapter 4

Falling in love at school/ Chapter 4

"Katie!" Kate smiled and locked her car with the automatic button. "Hi mom." Johanna Beckett smiled and waited till her daughter reached the front door steps and then wrapped her arms around her in a hug. Chuckling a bit Kate smiled and walked into the house, enjoying the familiar smell. "You made dinner?" "yep and your favorite. Well other than Chinese." They both shared a laugh and smiled. "I'm going to wash my hands." "Ok, i'll dish dinner." "Ok." Walking upstairs in the familiar house where she grew up. She soon walked into the bathroom that connected to her old room, brushing past the wall with pictures of her and her mom. Kate looked at one of the pics and formed tears in her eyes and she looked at the picture of her father. He had passed when she was 6 and she and her mom took it hard but managed to get by. She missed her dad very much and would often think about him. She wondered why her mother never re-married. She guessed it was because she knew her father was her one and done. Kate hoped she would meet someone like her dad. Kind, sweet, caring. Almost like.. Rick. No, No she couldn't think about Rick! She wasn't a person who did superstitions but was wondering if it's true what they say about love at first sight. Sighing she dried her wet hands and walked downstairs to the table with food and her mother who was smiling and waiting.  Kate Smiled and sat down at her usual spot, they said grace together a act they did since she was a child. After they're quick prayer they began eating the meal. "So Kate, how is the school business going?" Blushing a bit and smiling she smiled and finished eating her potatoes on the fork. It's good, we're in the 2 semester so.." "Ahh, that's good." "Mmm Hmm." "So what did you want to talk to me about?" "Suddenly remembering why Kate's cheeks turned red and flashed. "Katie! You turned red!" "Oh, sorry. I umm." Laughing Johanna sipped her iced tea and waited patiently for her daughter to explain.Taking a deep breath she smiled and recounted to her interaction with the celebrity and his daughter earlier. Johanna's eyes widened as Kate told her she met her all time favorite author who happened to be Johanna's as well. "You Met Richard Castle!" "Yes! His daughter goes to my school!" "Oh my gosh! That! He.. I !" "I know I know! that's exactly how I felt when he was standing in front of me ! If his daughter wasn't there i would have fangirled so hard!" Laughing at her daughter and smiling Johanna finished the last bite of beef on her plate. "So what's he like?" "Oh mom he's amazing, I mean he's nothing like we read in the papers!" "I didn't even know he had a daughter!" "Me either! He said she's adopted." "Ahh." "But I can tell how much he loves her, he even left  a really important meeting to talk to me. Well about her." "Mmm Hmm, If I didn't know any better I'd say you were falling in love." "No!!" "Right"  Kate Felt her cheeks numbing, "I don't know mom, I've only met him once..like this not a signing but i felt this feeling in my stomach when we talked like it was.." "Love" Her mother cut in and Kate gave a small nod. "But it couldn't be could it!" "Sweetie, me and your father fell in love at first sight." "Really?!" Kate's eyes widened in surprise. "Mm Hmm." "Love at first is possible." "ya.." "Are you going to see him again?" "ya, he wanted to us to have coffee together." "Sounds fun." "Mmm Hmm." "So tell me about his daughter." "Oh mom she's the cutest thing. Sweet, gentle and adorable." "aww" "It's sad she has no mother." "I bet." "Who knows maybe you will be." Choking on her drink Kate laughed. But knew somewhere deep down there was a hope. "But mom, why would someone as famous as Richard Castle be interested in mel!" But Kate didn't know that Rick Castle was secretly thinking about her...

........

ANDDD HERE IS CHAPTER 4 GUYS :) Comment your thoughts :*